Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Driver Headrest Prevents Turning Sun Visor to Side

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  nouse4aname 
#1 ·
I'm short-statured, so my driver's seat in my 2015 Rav4 is all the way forward and up as high as it can go (plus I have cushions to lift me higher and forward.) In this position. The headrest prevents me from rotating the visor to block the sun from the left window. There is not enough clearance between the top of the headrest even when all the way down to rotate the visor past it in a flat horizontal position (or even slightly off axis). I find this an extremely annoying design flaw. Any suggestions on how to overcome this?:confused:

#2 ·
Well the quick and dirty thing is if you are travelling a long way needing it there is to just momentarily recline the seat or move it back to get the visor over there. That is of course if you are able to reach the controls for these from your driving position. Probably more difficult to do something that would allow quick changes without interference. Do you drive with hand controls for gas and brake? You mention short stature but not the extent of it.

#3 ·
At 4'-10 I am "normal short" and I have no need for pedal extensions or the like. I have no medical or other conditions related to my height, I'm just at the extreme short end of the curve. Lowering the seat or reclining doesn't really seem a viable option while the car is in motion, and since few roads are that straight for that long, it's unlikely that I'd not have a need to change it. Japan's average male height is 172cm (about 5'4") compared to US males at 176cm (5'9") You'd think this would be an issue that Japanese car engineers might have noticed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.