Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Sun Visor Decal Removal

7K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Moonhowl 
#1 ·
Does anybody know how to remove the decals from the sun visors without making a mess of them? Brand new car and it looks like a bloody taxi cab.
:mad:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I remember a post on here a few years ago. One of our members used Brakleen, a brake cleaning liquid. He said it took those decals off without harming the visor.

#9 ·
I removed mine by using a blow dryer and patience. I warmed it up good and then started to peel it off. You will start to get the hang of how hot to make it for easier peeling. When done, there will be a sticky residue left over. I used a product called Goo-Gone on a rag to remove the left over goo. When it was perfectly clean, I put on some Armor All for protection. Just go slow and have patience.

#10 ·
I finally gave it a go with my heat gun. It was a scary process and extremely tedious. My RAV4 is a 2016 and they put those suckers on to stay. I did the one on the back side of the driver side visor to start. I could not get it to peel, but it would melt and I could scrape the melted tag off with my fingernails. Rubbing alcohol on a rag worked to clean off the remaining glue. I hope the warning label that was in French wasn't important. I don't speak or read French.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.