Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Watermarks near windshield column and rear window columns

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  vanib 
#1 ·
So, I haven't notice any leaks but I have the photographed watermarks near the window columns. Any thoughts? We do camp and sleep in the car occasionally, so its possible that this is due to the condensation that often collects when its cold enough out.
RAV4 Interior - Album on Imgur

#2 ·
So, I haven't notice any leaks but I have the photographed watermarks near the window columns. Any thoughts? We do camp and sleep in the car occasionally, so its possible that this is due to the condensation that often collects when its cold enough out.
RAV4 Interior - Album on Imgur
Have you ever checked your moon roof drain holes for blockage by debris? If you haven't then you should, they are in each corner of the moon roof.

I posted pics on this forum somewhere. 0:)

Good luck! :wink

#3 ·
My RAV had what appeared to be watermarks on the rear window which appeared only when there was a lot of humidity and condensation - after doing a bit of detective work they matched the rubber suction cups used by glass installers. Finally got rid of them by using Soft Scrub.

#4 ·
Sleeping in the RAV will not cause these stains.

I am suspecting that water somehow made it through the cross bar supporting bolts.

Search the forum; it is easy to remove the plastic covers for the cross bars. Maybe remove the bolts, fill the holes with high quality silicone and put the bolts back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.