Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

My Flash Drive and NCH Software

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  NikolaiAK 
#1 ·
Hi,
I’ve been trying to deal with copying my country-western music from my CDs to a flash drive, and I think I may have resolved my dilemma.

Here is what I did:

(1) Downloaded NCH Software - Express Rip Power Edition. Makes ripping a song from the CD to flash drive easy! No folders, sub-folders to deal with; just the name of the song and the singer.

(2) Purchased an FM Transmitter through Amazon - Satechi Sound-Fly Aux. I bought this particular unit to use in my 2008 Tundra that doesn’t have Bluetooth, but does have an AUX jack. My 2010 Jeep Liberty also has an AUX jack, so it works in the Liberty, too!

(3) So all I have to do is insert the Sound-Fly into the cigarette lighter plug, connect the aux cord from the Sound-Fly AUX jack to the AUX jack on the Tundra or Liberty and hit the play button on the Sound-Fly. And that’s it. You control volume from the vehicle radio volume knob. Radio has to be turned on, of course.

(4) So now I can take a long trip and listen to selected songs from my numerous CDs - George Jones, Johnny Cash, and Grand Old Opera hits. Had to also buy a good set of ear plugs for my wife otherwise I’d be traveling alone!

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picked up my BRAND NEW 2017 RAV4. I took my flash drive with all the country songs - 50 in all - and inserted it into the USB slot and WOW - music began. Nice and clear, and every song played just as they were copied and appeared an the flash drive. Very nice.

FredSG

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm pretty sure they play in the same order that I ripped them to my flash drive . . . but the audio system on my RAV4 gives me the option to BROWSE - and I can pick the song I want to play, or REPEAT - a song I want to hear over again, and SHUFFLE the list of songs.

FredSG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.