Toyota RAV4 Forums

Toyota RAV4 Forums (http://www.rav4world.com/forums/)
-   4.4 Exterior (http://www.rav4world.com/forums/125-4-4-exterior/)
-   -   Daytime Running Lights (http://www.rav4world.com/forums/125-4-4-exterior/110017-daytime-running-lights.html)

Doug H. 04-28-2013 04:06 PM

Daytime Running Lights

Just got my 2013 Limited Edition Rav4. Question I have does the daytime running lights only work with the park light's being on? I have the daytime running light's programmed to be on. I see no other buttons to control them.

TX2013RAV4 04-29-2013 12:38 AM

DRL goes by region. In USA we have to control it by our headlight switch. Even though there is a setting in my XLE radio to turn DRL on, doesnt matter unless I turn my headlight switch to DRL. I can even turn DRL off in radio and if headlight switch is on DRL, the DRL's are on :shrug:

You have a limited with auto headlights so I would make sure your headlight switch is on auto and make sure DRL is set to on in your radio settings.

JTRAV4CR 04-29-2013 12:28 PM

can you tell me what the setting on the radio are? mine is not the one with touch screen is a regular radio.

Doug H. 04-29-2013 03:30 PM

The only option on the radio display is Daytime Running Lights On or Off. I have mind set for On.

RJM 02-22-2015 09:24 AM

This seems so confusing to me. We have a 2015 RAV 4, so if I understand you correctly, the only way for the DRL to work is to have the switch in the parking light spot or the auto spot. The manual leads you to believe that anytime the engine is started, and the vehicle is put in motion, that the DRL will be on even if the selector switch is off. So I am assuming that if we put the headlight switch in auto that only the DRL will be active during the day and when it starts getting darker, the DRL's will go off, and the headlamps will come on full intensity. Whew!!!!!! A lot of confusion for something that should be clearer cut in my opinion.

Mikey D. 02-22-2015 02:10 PM

I have a '15 XLE and on the turn signal/light switch stalk is a DRL setting. When I turn my light switch to the first ON position only the DRL's illuminate; the 2nd switch position illuminates my parking lights along with the DRL's; the 3rd position illuminates my headlights along with the parking lights and extinguishes the DRL's.

I have auto-off on my RAV, if ANY OF THE LIGHTS are left on after I lock the vehicle they will automatically turn off after a set period of time.

Hope this helps.

awilson25 03-14-2015 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug H. (Post 1107641)
Just got my 2013 Limited Edition Rav4. Question I have does the daytime running lights only work with the park light's being on? I have the daytime running light's programmed to be on. I see no other buttons to control them.

When they first brought my 2014 XLE out for demonstration the 4 led DRLs worked and looked great. When they delivered it, they were no longer active. Ok anybody know how to re-enable them?:confused:

Jose5847 05-11-2015 07:42 AM

I just purchased a 2015 rav4. The lights automatically turn off when you close the doors and lock the doors with the remote. The only annoying part is that the beeping sounds doesnt stop until you close the door. Does anybody know of a way to turn that "light on!" Warning beeping off?

firepit1x 05-11-2015 11:01 AM

I might be misunderstanding you but

My '15 Rav only complains when I shut off the car and........

• I leave any window open
  • I don't have the headlight switch to Auto or Off
  • I leave an interior light on
  • I turn off the car after a door is open

I'm guessing the latter is probably what your car is complaining about.
There are times I open the door before shutting off the car...then I get the beeping. I do this when I'm checking my parking job or if my kid jumps out before I shut off the engine.

Door Open then shut off vehicle and it complains until I shut the door.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose5847 (Post 1796130)
I just purchased a 2015 rav4. The lights automatically turn off when you close the doors and lock the doors with the remote. The only annoying part is that the beeping sounds doesnt stop until you close the door. Does anybody know of a way to turn that "light on!" Warning beeping off?