Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Weathertech Windows Deflectors

5K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  kenhdcgov 
#1 ·
Has anyone been using the Weathertech Window Deflectors on their 4.4 for a while. If so have you had any issues with them coming loose or with the auto up not working or any problems at all with them. I have the Weathertech Bug Deflector on mine and its been great. I would also love to see what the 4.4 looks like with them installed if anyone has a pic of it. Thanks.

#2 ·
I have had the Weathertech window deflectors on my 2014 Black XLE for about 5 months now.
I bought them and installed them myself....took about 10 minutes.
I have not had any issues at all with them-haven't come loose and no problems with the auto-up window feature. I followed the directions exactly.

I love them....and they look great!

#7 ·
I agree with Shubukin. I do not hear any additional noise, but maybe I am not as sesitive as others. I do have to admit that when I first put them in I have to role up and down the windows about 20+ times to get the window and window Delfector to "seat" or "conform". Adding that additional piece of plastic made everything a little to tight and the insulation had to "give" before the window would role up all the way and seal.

#9 ·
Maybe it's just a personal difference in what you consider tolerable wind noise.
I have driven mine long distances on the highway and have not noticed excessively loud or intolerable levels of wind noise.

I drive regular roads with windows down and still don't notice wind noise.
Maybe because I drive with the music cranked? lol

I don't know...I have just never noticed bothersome wind noise from my deflectors.

#11 ·
I installed the Weathertech window deflectors last week. Love the look of them, love being able to crack the windows when the car is sitting in the sun...but it definitely does increase wind noise. I only notice it at highway speed and its not horrible but it is definitely there. One of the things i loved about the Rav was how quiet it was on the highway. Guess i will just turn the music up!!

#12 ·
Had them installed since December. Had to get three shipments to get ones w/o defects.
Yes, the auto-up will reverse as it's too tight. But also had this with my 07 Highlander and am used to just touching the switch to avoid the auto-up.
Also have a 'click' from the front edge as the deflector touches the front class edge and nudges it out of the way.
Worst part is the Passenger side I had to put a dot of glue at the rear outside edge to get it to stay in place against the moulding; it seemed to spring back and the window would hit it (too much).
So they're not perfect; but they're ok. Gotta' have that ventilation in the parking lot!!

#13 ·
On my 2014 I added double sided linerless tape (3M) along the top edge, the rear comes with this. Adding the tape eliminated the window catching the deflector edge on the way up. I could hear the window hitting the edge. I have not had the auto-up reverse the window after doing this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.