Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Winter Tire Discussion 2014

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Octane 
#1 ·
I just picked up a set of Michelin X-Ice 2 tires on some Generic 17 inch Rims for the mild winter we get here in Vancouver. I do a lot of snow sports so they are required for me.

I was considering the Goodyear Nordic Winters's as well (they were cheaper) but I didn't like the tread pattern. (Michelins looked better for the Highway)

Driving to work today the Michelins felt a little softer (to be expected) I haven't adjusted the tire pressure since getting the car back from the shop so maybe I can firm it up a bit.

I'll post some snow driving impressions once we get some here!

#3 ·
I have used Toyo Observe G-02 and then the plus version for the last six years and have been very pleased with them. Traction in icy, cold, wet conditions is excellent and when the snow starts to pileup, the absolutely romp.

I was out playing in snow a foot deep, passing 4WD trucks that had slid off the road, no problems.

They were 225/65/16 on a 2005 RAV4 Limited, AWD.

The G-02 has been discontinued and replaced with the GSI-5.

#4 ·
I have used Toyo Observe G-02 and then the plus version for the last six years and have been very pleased with them. Traction in icy, cold, wet conditions is excellent and when the snow starts to pileup, the absolutely romp.

I was out playing in snow a foot deep, passing 4WD trucks that had slid off the road, no problems.

They were 225/65/16 on a 2005 RAV4 Limited, AWD.

The G-02 has been discontinued and replaced with the GSI-5.
had the observe on my first car, loved them, then the observe plus on my 2007 rav4, loved them again, and now the GSI5 on my 2012, they are a bit better on ice and on the dry, so I love them even more!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.