Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Rear bumper removal

7K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  RBA 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any info (pdf) on how to remove the rear bumper for the 4.4? Just got a hit & run today :mad: and have about a 14-15" scratch on my bumper just below the left reflector.

I would like to just order the rear bumper cover and install it myself if it is not too complicated.

Thanks in advance guys.

#7 ·
Thanks for the video or better yet your own video. BTW, did you remove there was a wire with a connector on the left side that came out hanging when you remove the bumper, did you know what that is for.

Also, since I have Limited, I do not know where the backing-up sensors are located.

#4 ·
Watch out for cheap parts. If you can get one that is CAPA certified, you will get a good quality part.

I found rear bumper covers for my 2009 Avalon for about US$60.00 but the quality is not good. The body shop that I was going to have paint it said that have had to rework the covers to fit.

I recommend going to a body shop. They should be able to repair it so you can't tell it was damaged.

Doesn't your insurance cover this? On a 2015 I would have full coverage. On a 1995, maybe just liability.

#5 ·
I would not settle for anything but OEM most especially for a body part since most parts do not even line up properly.

I have full coverage but unfortunately my collision deductible is a whopping $500 :crying that's why I could definitely save a few bucks if not hundreds if the bumper is a simple bolt-on type.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.