Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Show Off Your Wheels! 2013-2018 Wheel Thead

469K views 595 replies 168 participants last post by  Will I am 
#1 ·
Wassup guys I wanted to start a wheel thread for this forum. didn't see one. so guys post pictures of your rav4 with wheels beside factory.

#2 · (Edited)
SHOW OFF YOUR WHEELS! 2013-2016 WHEEL THREAD

Place holder for me...Picking up a set of aftermarket 20's off my buddies Sienna this week. Want to get the sensors mounted before they go on.

*UPDATE* I'm glad these were free. Not crazy about how they look or fit. Back to the drawing board.

#4 ·
My Limited Hybrid comes with 235/55R18 wheels, but I'm downsizing to 17" for winter tires. I just ordered these rims, simply because at my store they were the only direct fit aftermarket aluminum 17" rims that would fit the RAV4, and they were relatively inexpensive at CAD$140 (approx US$100). Apparently, they're quite popular for winter tires for both Toyota and Lexus owners.

I didn't want black steel rims, and I didn't want multifit alloy rims either. These end up being about CAD$50 more per rim than the same sized black steel ones, so in total, I'm spending $200 more (or well under US$150 more) to get alloy rims for winter.

#5 ·
Toyota 2013 Highlander 7-spoke alloy rims (17x7.5") test fitted perfectly, on our Gen3 RAV4.
- paid $800/set of 4 Cdn, takeoffs with 800 Km / Kijiji find

More photos here: http://www.rav4world.com/forums/97-...r-oem-rims-2013-rav4-2008-limited-offset.html
- I think they look great / the Firestone Le2's already mounted & balanced / just waiting for Spring
- currently running 17" winter tires on the original aluminum 6-spoke RAV4 rims

#10 ·
RSSW direct fit 17" rims with Michelin X-Ice Xi3 215/65R17 on Limited Hybrid.

Note that the diameter is only about 0.2" less than the stock 235/55R18 size of the Limited. Compared to XLE's 225/65R17 though, these wheels are about 0.5" smaller. However, the diameter variance is acceptable for both models.

I like these inexpensive rims but overall I think I still prefer the OEM (18") rims.

#12 · (Edited)

Well, since the 20s were not to my liking, I decided to keep a factory look and size.

Went with a 17x8 +15 to set it out from the flare some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 ·
Hey, I notice you've got one of the aftermarket bumper skirts. I see them on ebay all the time.

What can you say about the product? How much did you get it for? Easy to install, quality materials? How was it dealing with ordering them from overseas? I really like the look of them but I worry about product quality and customer service dealing with suppliers from China etc.

Thanks.
-Karnage

#20 ·
If we were to match correctly, 17" should be 225/65r17s... But in Canada... There was so limited tires in that size.

I ended up getting 235/65 but given that the rpf1 was et30, I probably could have ran even wider and not rub lol..

I ended up with Falken Ziex 950 for tire choice.

Reactions: blkrav2012
#26 ·
No issues with me either..... but technically its running same width as OEM 18" (235s) and on top of that, the RPF1s were at et30, so thats another 10mm extra offset to compensate... so technically I can even run 245 or 255 and it might not rub at all.

Reactions: wrxchange1
#27 ·
13rav4 and mojoe - thanks for the feedback.
Do you think a 0 offset 17x8.5 5x114.3 will fit? if i ran it with 235 or 245 x 65 x 17s?
I guess what i'm asking is if 13rav4 has 30mm to spare and if mojoe has 15mm to spare if you were at full lock
if not, i will have to stay between 15 and 30 offset
thanks
dchan8

#28 ·

13rav4 and mojoe - thanks for the feedback.

Do you think a 0 offset 17x8.5 5x114.3 will fit? if i ran it with 235 or 245 x 65 x 17s?

I guess what i'm asking is if 13rav4 has 30mm to spare and if mojoe has 15mm to spare if you were at full lock

if not, i will have to stay between 15 and 30 offset

thanks

dchan8

I'll take some measurements and let you know about using a 0 offset 8.5" rim. My concern would be scrubbing the fender liner with the outside edge of the tire up front (by the front bumper cover) I'm very close as is, pushing my tire out further might contact plastic.

#32 ·
Hi guys,
I'm new to the Rav scene (giving that I haven't even taken delivery of my car yet) but I've been in the tuner scene since my P plates. I'm absolutely loving everyone bolting Rays, Works, Gramlights and Enkeis to their Ravs. I had no idea that even happened. I'm looking at dropping my Rav on some bigger rims once I get her since she'll never go off-road. I was originally thinking 20's, but now that I know I can squeeze 22's under the guards without doing mods.....

#34 ·
Will 16" rims/tires fit on a 2013 Rav? If so what size rim and tires would fit?

I have the Limited and the 18's feel like the tires are made of rock and my winter 17's are a little softer. I think 16's, if they fit, would provide a great ride.

#36 ·
I have 16" steel wheels for my winter set that fit fine. I can't say for sure if 16" alloys would fit since they are a much thicker material so they may have clearance issues with the caliper. Hard to say without just trying it.

#37 ·
I'm currently running the 16" alloys from my '05 RAV Chili Ed. with 225/70X16 snow tires. The original tires for those alloys was 215/70X16, but I went one size up to match the tire diameter of my '15 XLE alloys (225/65X17); (no speedo error). I don't get any lean, but then again I've always run my tire pressure a couple of lbs higher than the door sticker on all my RAVs, and I may be old but definitely not slow.:surprise These alloys are 16X7 with a 45 mm offset, and have no clearance problems with the calipers or body. If you went with a slightly lower numerical offset 40/35 the wheel and tire would stick out a little more (wider track).
I used the General Tire website tire specs to match the diameter of the 16" and 17" tires, and I'm sure they have the 18" as well. My '15 XLE with the lousy rear springs/shocks still thumps on moderate bumps but not as bad as the 17" summer combo.....FWIW
I don't know your intentions....steelies/alloys, but older Highlander 16s fit as well. Up till this winter I was using Highlander 16" steelies for my snows.

I'm not sure if the Limited has bigger calipers, so a test fit would probably be a good idea....

.....and what is in that avatar??? I can't expand it to get a better look....GT???

#40 ·
I wasn't too thrilled with the wheel options that I was finding, so I decided to chrome a set of 18" Limited wheels. The 18" wheels are a little stiffer than the 17" XLE wheels. But installing a set of Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires help smooth it out a bit. The 225/60R 18 fit well, with no issues.

Attachments

#41 ·
2013 Highlander 7-spoke rims (17x7.5" takeoffs), fit perfect on RAV4.
- went on yesterday / last snow fall & freezing rain, was a week ago
- found on Canadian kijiji for $800 / fairly new with only 800 Km, due to vehicle theft (3 weeks old)

Loads of mounting clearance & rims adds a measure of newness, to the Gen3 RAV4 look.
- Highlander rims are only half inch wider than original 17x7" 2008 Limited alloys / not an fit issue
- Firestone Le2's still tuck inside fender flares, very nicely / for dedicated 3 season use

Kelly dobe approved:
- silver powder coat was polished with AUTO GLYM sealant / on sale purchase @ Canadian Tire
- tire foam spray was a kleen-flo product, from NAPA/UAP / good stuff
Small quantities of brake dust, easily wipe off slick aluminum rims / with a dry paper towel.