Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Rear Bumper Guard

8K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  ttl 
#1 ·
I've got a 2016 Limited with a bunch of sensors on the front and rear bumpers. I'd like to at least protect my rear bumper with a steel bumper guard, but I need one that won't interfere with the sensors. Does such an animal (bumper guard) exist?

Thanks.

#4 ·
#6 ·
I've seen tubular bumper guards that look like a sideways U with both ends closed. That type might afford no blockage of your sensors.

Reactions: Chaser199
#8 ·
That one from Balck Horse is the type that I was referring to for the rear bumper.

Reactions: Chaser199
#10 ·
#15 ·
Can you post pix of your install please? :wink

#14 ·
My wife's CRV kept getting hit on rear corners in parking lots, so I put one on similar to the Black Horse style. The hitch mounted one wouldn't protect in those situations. I will look into the Black Horse one and check with dealer if it affects sensors. Probably would help protect expensive sensors in a parking lot dent match, also.

#17 ·
Looks good back there! :wink

#18 ·
Thanks, but it looks better in person.

It was literally the only rear bumper protection I could get that wouldn't interfere with the sensors. I went to this huge place, if they had something, they would have tried to sell it to me. Also, nothing on the market will work on the front because of the sensors.

#20 ·
update

brought the Bumper Thumper Ultimate and install on the front with license plate, it adds about 2 inches to the front. Front parking sensors did not go off, it blocks a little bit of the front camera view and shows a small black rectangle in the front of the car when looking at the lcd screen. I would recommend this license plate bumper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.