Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

2013 Rav 4 - Low Beams not working

28K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BBPeters 
#1 ·
I apologize is this is duplicate but I've read through most of everything here and could use some help.

When I turn the headlight switch where the daytime lights would be on nothing happens, when I switch all the way up for headlights the daytime lights come on and no headlights. The indicator on the dash does not come on either. The high beams work when turned on.

I have replaced both bulbs and the headlight relay with no change. Cannot get the low beams to come on.

Thanks in advance

Dave

#3 ·
OK

Still need help. Here's where I'm at.

All fuses are good. The relay in the black box is good. The switch on the turn signal is good.

When the switch is off, the wires to the headlights have no voltage. When the switch is for low beams there is .06 volts. When switched to high beams they have 12.57 volts. Since there are only 2 wires and it looks like there is only one filament in the bulb, they must be reducing the voltage to the filament for low beams and kick it up to full voltage for high beams.

Do they do this with a resistor and then bypass it for high beams? Is it called something else? Where in the vehicle would it be located?

Thanks so much for the help

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.