Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Engine tuning to increase hp & torque

33K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  SuperchargedMR2 
#1 ·
I have been looking for a way to increase my engine performance. Here in Lebanon they don't care about emissions at all as we have the lowest rules on car emission, thats why the new RAVs here come with 180hp. I was looking to increase +20hp at least. I asked around a lot and there is no cat back exhausts for this RAV and I don't think anyone here can unlock the ECM. Don't care much about gas milage, The only professional advice was a NOS kit but it sounds ridiculous for a RAV4. will there be any super chargers or turbos available since the 2.5L has potential. what I don't get is how the GT86 here at the dealership has a 2.0L producing 200 hp and when I asked my dealership to tune my engine they completely refused with a big no.Any useful suggestions? Please don't say cold air intakes as I personally believe its a waste of money and probably will detune my engine. The new Lexus NX is based on the RAV4 chassis and will have a 4-cylinder turbo, there might be hope for a turbo probably.

#2 ·
You might have some success installing a supercharger. Keep us up to date on your search for more HP.

Reactions: JpTroutBum78
#3 ·
Retired Rav4 Man, you seem wise, do you know of any product that is compatible with our engine? (sources)

#11 ·
Sadly, the 4.4 Rav4s will have to suffer V6 envy as will their drivers. The 2013 and beyond Rav4s only have a 4 banger.:crying

#15 ·
The same engine is in the 2nd Gen Scion tC and there are turbo kits for it. I'm sure that it would bolt right in but you would have to do a little custom tubing for the intercooler and have an exhaust shop do a little work from the down pipe to the exhaust but that is simple.

Last year I turbocharged my 2009 Corolla S and it made an amazing difference. I got my complete kit from Turbokits.com so you could check with them. The quality of the kit was excellent and fit perfectly.

#22 ·
Here is a quick drive video near my house after the install. It gets going around the 45 second mark as I was waiting for a car to clear before I headed up the hill. You can hear the turbo spooling and the blow off valve.

https://youtu.be/GdljOwdkA6U?t=3s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.