Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Any major mechanical problems?

7K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  badcafe 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone that has had their 4.4 for a while has had any major repairs done on it. I checked through a bit of the mechanical section on this forum and i haven't seen major problems yet. I have a 2013 xle with 16,700 miles on it and it has not skipped a beat yet. Anyone have higher mileage on theirs with any major mechanical issues yet?

#3 ·
RAV's engine has been around since 2010 in Camry, previous gen. RAV4. The transmission is even older - introduced in 2009 in 4-cyl Venza, Highlander and Sienna.

With 4-5 years in the market they have proven themselves to be trustworthy and reliable. Not perfect (search Camry forums for details), but in-line with traditional Toyota performance.

#7 ·
There is a comma in that sentence: "I believe the engine is basically the same from the 4.3 with some minor tweaks, should be solid as a rock". No more tweaks necessary! :wink

#8 ·
Two years old this summer - no issues whatsoever! ?

#11 ·
Mine will also be two years old in June. 20,700 miles down and the only problems i noticed is a squeaky strut for the hatch on one side and i will probably need new tires before next winter. Since our winters here the past two years are like living in Siberia.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.