Oil leak on 2015 RAV4?!?? - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.4 Mechanical Intakes, Exhaust, Tune-ups, 4x4 system, Suspension, Brakes, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefen1990 View Post
That is EXACTLY where mine was at at how it looks now after I cleaned it. Have you brought it up yet to Toyota? Obviously this is an issue... I love my car so much, I hate to see it have problems.
i thought so. i had a few b-new cars in the fast and never experienced this except with my 4.4. i haven't brought mine to the dealership yet coz i just finished my 15k service before i cleaned. will definitely bring this up once i'm due with my 20k. or if you get to your next service first probably you can mention this and will support you with your claim.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 04:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
same thing here, brand new only at 4.5k miles and it's leaking. will have a word with them when i go in for first service.

seems the grey thing sandwiched in-between engine and oil pan (suppose I can call it gasket) is the issue, so I tighten the screws close by which hold the oil pan, will see in a few days if it solves the problem.
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 12:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhung516 View Post
same thing here, brand new only at 4.5k miles and it's leaking. will have a word with them when i go in for first service.

seems the grey thing sandwiched in-between engine and oil pan (suppose I can call it gasket) is the issue, so I tighten the screws close by which hold the oil pan, will see in a few days if it solves the problem.
the grey rubbery thing is a silicone gasket. it seals the gap better than just having the rubber gasket in between. am not really sure how i can bring this up with my SA when i go back for a scheduled service. i'd be able to tell him/them that there's already three 4.4 (2013 and 2015) models that experienced this light oil seepage. but if asked for a proof, what do you think i can give them? suggestions???
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jest View Post
the grey rubbery thing is a silicone gasket. it seals the gap better than just having the rubber gasket in between. am not really sure how i can bring this up with my SA when i go back for a scheduled service. i'd be able to tell him/them that there's already three 4.4 (2013 and 2015) models that experienced this light oil seepage. but if asked for a proof, what do you think i can give them? suggestions???
I took a photo before wiping it clean so feel free to show them my photo.

I think there should be more than just us three out there. How many do we need for them to issue a recall?

At least they should pay for the cleaning fee for my garage floor. It's already soaked into the concrete now, five spots total.

post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 10:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jest View Post

Tell the SA that your RAV is leaking oil, then show him/her. Period. Amen.

Pancreatic Cancer - the silent killer!
Freedom isn't free, thank you veterans! 9-11-01...NEVER FORGET!

2015 XLE AWD Silver Metallic + Camry horns; fog lite mod; OEM A/W mats / mud guards; AVS vent visors / bug deflector; BUMPSHOX bumper guard; Gentex mirror; console tray; HAM radio; LED's; Shark Fin antenna. [To do: BSM's; hitch.]

'12 - Highlander SE AWD
'09 - RAV 4 Base AWD
'06 - Highlander Base AWD
post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 02:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
I took a photo before wiping it clean so feel free to show them my photo.

I think there should be more than just us three out there. How many do we need for them to issue a recall?

At least they should pay for the cleaning fee for my garage floor. It's already soaked into the concrete now, five spots total.

hmm.. your case seem far worst than me. what is on top of this cv boot area (left or right side?)

since your oil trace is near the cv boot, i assume your problem is the engine side facing the firewall. and with how it looks like i guess your need to inform your SA with this ASAP.
post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 02:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey D. View Post
Tell the SA that your RAV is leaking oil, then show him/her. Period. Amen.
i did brought this up during my 5k service. the SA dodge the issue as "possible" left over "oil sweating" case from a brand new car/engine. since then i've been observing my case if it'll worsen or not. as of now my grime accumulation stays the same (builts up about 3 weeks) and i would clean it then. but like i said, since i know now that there are other members here experiencing the same problem, i'd bring this up again on my 20k service.
post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 03:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Pour some plain kitty litter on the spots, grind it into the cement with your shoe until it's almost power. The oil will disappear in a day or two.

2011 Limited, V6, factory tow package, Blizzard Pearl
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 12:07 AM

problem fixed

Took the car in for first time service, they acknowledged the leak was caused by a manufacture defect in gasket and replaced it for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico View Post
Pour some plain kitty litter on the spots, grind it into the cement with your shoe until it's almost power. The oil will disappear in a day or two.
Great, now I have to find a cat.

Overall I'm happy with the service, although I wish it had never happened in the first place. Also I'm believe the cast aluminum oil pan with molded rubber gasket combination from the old days will last way longer than the silicon stuff, guess they don't make cars the way they used to...

Thanks guys!!!
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 02:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Took the car in for first time service, they acknowledged the leak was caused by a manufacture defect in gasket and replaced it for free.

Great, now I have to find a cat.

Overall I'm happy with the service, although I wish it had never happened in the first place. Also I'm believe the cast aluminum oil pan with molded rubber gasket combination from the old days will last way longer than the silicon stuff, guess they don't make cars the way they used to...

Thanks guys!!!
the picture you posted earlier (oil leak) did it came from on the side of the valve cover? were you able to pin point the origin of the leakage?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page