Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

K&N Apollo Intake

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  PlowTown 
#1 ·
Hello! First time posting here. I've never messed around with anything under the hood before but I came across the K&N Apollo closed intake system and I think it would be really nice to put in. I just want to find out if I need to completely remove the stock airbox. I noticed there is a tube at the bottom of the airbox (which I assume sucks air from somewhere under the wheel-well) would that tube need to be somehow connected to the K&N Apollo? Could I keep the stock airbox in there and have the Apollo kind of rest in there without putting the top of the stock airbox back on?

Sorry for my ignorance - I've owned two RAVs and loved them I just have very limited mechanical knowledge.

(2013 Limited AWD)

#9 ·
The only K&N intake I can find for a 2013 is a simple flat panel replacement filter. That's from the K&N website. I did find this on the Apollo:

The Apollo is ideal for normally aspired engines up to 250BHP and turbo engines up to 350BHP. It allows for updating your intake system while retaining a closed environment.

The K&N Apollo CIS contains a general multi-lingual installation sheet with pictures. The Apollo is backed by K&N's Million Mile Warranty®.

In the US these filters are legal ONLY for racing vehicles. Not applicable, nor intended for use on emission controlled street or highway vehicles in the US.

To answer your question, yes, it would replace the stock airbox which already draws in outside air. I've no idea if the illegal Apollo system draws in underhood or outside air. What I can guarantee is that it is one huge waste of money for a 2.5L Toyota engine. It is your funds so spend them as you wish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.