Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Electrical Diagram

17K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Urizar1112 
#1 ·
Looking for electrical diagram for 2015 RAV4. Of particular interest is turn signals/hazard flashers.

#5 ·
The interface from the Combination Meter Assembly to the actual lamps is solid state, I would think most likely MOSFETs. By the way, The clicking you hear from the turn signal is not coming from a relay, it's coming from the buzzer in the Combination Meter Assembly.

#6 ·
Makes sense to use power mosfets. Yes, I see from the schematic that the click is done with a "buzzer." Was thinking of wig-wagging the turn signals for a hazard vehicle while parked. Might be just as easy to tie in to the L/R switch to do it. That's a simple and safe pull to ground. Thanks again.

#16 ·
I would really like to have a look at the diagram for the odometer and speedometer wiring for my 2015 RAV4 LE. I expect that there will be some kind of Hall effect or optical sensor on the output shaft feeding both the odometer and speedometer.

I would like to find out if the pulses from the sensor go into the ECU and through CAN bus to the speedometer, or if the sensor feeds the odometer and speedometer directly.

I need to do more testing, but it looks like my new speedometer is reading about 6.5% too high, and the Toyota service guy says that's inside their "don't care" zone. On a nine-mile highway test, my odometer was about 3% high.

It would be great if the dealer would calibrate the speedometer, but I may have to fix it myself. My tentative fix is to put a small 8-pin microcontroller between the sensor and the speedometer, get the microseconds between input pulses, add 6.5% and send new pulses to the speedometer. This obviously depends on just how these work, so I have to gather information first.

Any information appreciated! Thanks.

#22 ·
¡Funciona perfectamente! Gracias a whipaway por el. diagramas

He añadido dos cables.
  • Uno (positivo) entre el pin 40 de la ECM (ya estaba el cable azul pero no se donde termina) y el pin espiral n°1 del volante.
  • Segundo (negativo) del pasador espiral n° 2 del volante a masa.

Las luces del tablero también funcionan.
[/COTIZAR]
Hola, estoy tratando de instalar la velocidad crucero y no he podido agradecería su ayuda

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.