Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Periodic preventative maintenance schedule?

7K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Bob K 
#1 ·
After flipping through the manuals that came with my new, shiny 4.4, I couldn't find the periodic preventative maintenance schedule. Does it exist? Stuff that shows things like having to replace the timing chain at 90,000 miles, (if that is even required).

#2 ·
There is sort of a maintenance guide in the 4.3 manual so there should also be one in the 4.4 manual. Timing chains don't ordinarily need to be replaced in the RAV.

Looked through my manual and can't find a specific chart, either. Reference on the Toyota site is to a maintenance guide - as in the Warranty and Maintenance Guide booklet there is a Maintenance Log for each service interval which is more specific.

#3 ·
Thanks. Didn't see it in the manual. Just general info. Even if the timing chain doesn't need to be replaced, what about transmission fluid and other 'stuff' that wears out over time. Not things like brake pads that are normally checked during routine maintenance, but those very infrequent items that are not easily apparent during a routine service and are replaced every so many miles as a preventative action. Transmission fluid is a good example. Can we really expect the transmission fluid to 'last' for 300,000 miles?

#5 ·
PERFECT! Found it on the website. Exactly what I was looking for. I'll have to take a closer look in my packet because I don't recollect seeing that maintenance schedule.

#6 ·
The maintenance schedule is NOT in the owner's manual. It is a separate pamphlet usually found in the glove box or in the folder along with the owner's manual.

#8 ·
It shouldn't have been necessary to download the Warranty and Maintenance Guide booklet if the vehicle has been bought new - it should be included with the Owner's Manual and other booklets in the vinyl plastic document holder which should be in the glove box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.