Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

brake pulsating from time to time

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  axr0284 
#1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2016 RAV4 with 3000 miles on it and I have noticed if I am driving at around 20 mph taking a turn, my brake would pulsate for 2 seconds. It does not always happen but I am wondering if anybody else has noticed that in their car.
Thanks,
Amish

#2 ·
You have warped brake rotors--a common occurrence. Have the front rotors turned (or better yet replaced) along with the brake pads.

#3 ·
Since your RAV is a 2016 suggest that if this is annoying you take it to a dealer for evaluation under the terms of the warranty. With only 3000 miles on your RAV you should not be experiencing any brake problems. However, since the pulsing occurs only under limited conditions the dealer verdict may be that it is normal.

This post has been deleted
#7 ·
I only get the pulsing stuff when turning never going straight.
Ok finally got to go to the dealership for my first oil change. The technician said no trouble found for the pulsing issue. He indicated the rotors and brakes are wearing evenly. I have not had an issue happen since then though so maybe it was a lug nut torque issue. No idea at this point

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.