Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

2016 Entune Software Update TSB

73K views 75 replies 31 participants last post by  StarkRav4Mad 
#1 ·
Bought a 2 day pass to Toyota TIS and thought I would post the Entune TSB from April 4, 2016. If you have any of the problems below with your 2016 Entune system, you may need a software update. Attached is the full TSB, apologies if this has been posted before.

Some 2016 model year vehicles equipped with Entune™ Audio (version UU.10.48), Entune™
Audio Plus (version EU.10.68 or EU.20.05 or EU.20.08), or Entune™ Premium Audio (CU.10.71
or CU.10.72 or CU.20.05 or CU.20.08) may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:
  • Swiping feature inoperative on APPs or Setup screens.
  • Meijer Department Store is intermittently pronounced “Mee-jer”.
  • Number of transferred contacts is not updated.
  • Slacker skips 2 songs when using steering wheel controls.
  • Starting Pandora via Voice Recognition is intermittently inoperative.
  • Transitioning from BT Audio to Entune, no sound is output (iPhone and Android).
  • FM mode will show the incorrect number of available stations intermittently.
  • Voice Recognition will not start intermittently.
  • Audio is intermittently not displayed on the home screen.
  • Rumbling sound when no audio is playing.
  • Intermittent “Message list could not be loaded” is displayed when retrieving messages.
  • Audio information does not match between the Head Unit and Instrument Cluster.
  • Instrument Cluster has incorrect display of XM channels.
  • Panoramic camera view is intermittently inoperative.
  • Scout voice guidance has rear speakers muted.
  • USB Audio Playback resets after key cycle.

Attachments

#3 ·
Unless I'm mistaken(wouldn't be the first time) you should be able to update it if you have it paired with a phone that has a data connection. I'm not sure if there's any way to initiate it yourself since others have mentioned a message randomly popping up about it, I'm also not sure if you need the entune app installed on your phone.

@OP: Thanks for posting this, I've been wondering what they changed since I saw it mentioned.

#5 ·
Hmm. I paired my iPhone before I had Entune loaded, no prompts for updates. I did see a prompt to load the Entune application though and tapping it took me to the app store.

Once I loaded the Entune app I was informed I could not proceed until I installed an update to the radio unit (which proceeded to install all the Entune applications).

#7 ·
There's an update to the update dated Dec 6, 2016.

Some 2016 – 2017 model year vehicles equipped with Entune™ Audio (version UU.10.48),
Entune™ Audio Plus (version EU.10.68 or EU.20.05 or EU.20.08), or Entune™ Premium Audio
(CU.10.71 or CU.10.72 or CU.20.05 or CU.20.08) may exhibit one or more of the
following conditions:
 Swiping feature inoperative on APPs or Setup screens.
 Meijer Department Store is intermittently pronounced “Mee-jer”.
 Number of transferred contacts is not updated.
 Slacker Radio skips 2 songs when using steering wheel controls.
 Starting Pandora via Voice Recognition is intermittently inoperative.
 Transitioning from BT Audio to Entune™, no sound is output (iPhone and Android).
 FM mode will show the incorrect number of available stations intermittently.
 Voice Recognition will not start intermittently.
 Audio is intermittently not displayed on the home screen.
 Rumbling sound when no audio is playing.
 Intermittent “Message list could not be loaded” is displayed when retrieving messages.
 Audio information does not match between the Head Unit and Instrument Cluster.
 Instrument Cluster has incorrect display of XM channels.
 Panoramic camera view is intermittently inoperative.
 Scout voice guidance has rear speakers muted.
 USB Audio Playback resets after key cycle.

Some 2016 – 2017 model year vehicles equipped with Entune™ Audio (version UU.11.13),
Entune™ Audio Plus (version EU.22.21), or Entune™ Premium Audio (CU.20.22) or older may
exhibit one or more of the following conditions:
 Missing Bluetooth Audio Information from instrument cluster MID.
 Long street names are not indicated when using turn by turn directions.
 Abnormal navigation routing.
 “Toyota Park Assist Settings” Button displayed in the setting menu.
 Unable to call phone numbers with “-” present in the number.
 Unable to send SMS via the Quick Message feature.
 Abnormal BT Audio Playback when inserting and removing the iPhone USB cable
from the USB port.
 Unable to play audio from iPhone connected via USB when 2 phones are connected
via Bluetooth at the same time.
 Intermittent “Browse” button operation in Bluetooth Audio.
 Hands Free sound quality improvement.
 Screen flickers when switching between day and night modes.
 Abnormal Pandora operation when switching between 2 iPhones.
 Intermittent rebooting.
 Diagnostic code U1110 or B15E6 is present.
 Diagnostic screen is displayed intermittently.
 Weather Map is inoperative.
 “Unable to connect to server” displayed when using voice recognition and searching
for “IHOP”.
 Abnormal panoramic view monitor operation.
 Other visual and usability enhancements.

Attachments

#9 ·
That's the original TSB, the thread was posted in November, the TSB update is dated Dec 6th, the file names aren't the same as those in the latest update, the following are the latest update file names. I certainly wouldn't download and install files from an unknown source, sounds like a good way to brick the HU to me.

Entune™ Audio 15TBDANA-CA01_1116.kwi
Entune™ Audio Plus 15TDDANA-CA01_2102.kwi 1
Entune™ Premium Audio 15TDANNA-CA01_2026.kwi

#10 ·
I am a member on the MHHAUTO forum. I put in a request for the firmware files. Ill be the guinea pig. :smile

Reactions: SilentHatch
#22 ·
#52 ·
thanks! now cu.20.26

Thank you!

just updated my 2016 rav4 hybrid limited from cu.20.08 to cu.20.26
is this the latest?
i noticed new apps of slacker and saved destinations, but not much different.

now... how about the map? I have the Map Version: 05-35-51 2015-05-1, the SD card is 86271-35013.
The latest is 86271-35015 I think.

Thank you again!

#23 ·
The files above were downloaded directly from Toyota TIS. I splurged for a 2 day pro diagnostic subscription.

#24 ·
So in just finding this article now, and not knowing offhand what radio I have, how do you actually tell? I have a 2016 XLE with the Nav radio and all that, but without the JBL sub. So would that be Entune Plus? Doubt it would be Premium... thanks for any help... and sorry if I should know this...

#29 ·
I actually noticed one thing... not an issue... but with the Nav... I don't use it much but used it a few days ago, and noticed that it has a split-screen now, where the map is on the left, and a list of POI's and things are on the right. It's actually kind of annoying... and I couldn't figure out how to turn it off since I was driving... Has anyone seen this yet?

#33 ·
Just purchased a CPO 2016 Rav 4 XLE. Am I able to update this myself? I have been having the random reboot issue happen while driving twice now.

EDIT: Posted too soon, just read the page before this one, looks like you can just update through USB. Thank you for publishing this publicly :)

#41 ·
Hi there

Just got a new 2017 RAV Hybrid. My unit came with a (entune premium deck ver. 100575). However when I try to register the app it says VIN number not valid. the radio does not show any apps like pandora etc... Is there is a way to update the software to CU.20.26 without the entune app?

#43 ·
thanks for the prompt response. I'm located in Puerto Rico, I spoke with the dealer and they told me that Entune apps are not available in PR. Now, what catch my attention is the radio has the XM logo but it does not have the app. I have other devices with XM and they work perfectly find with my subscription. I would like to know if there is a way to install the satellite app. Regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.