Toyota RAV4 Forums - View Single Post - What are you NOT happy about with your Rav4?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 04:33 PM
katekebo
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by manhog View Post

OOO ya my most current complaint is that onthe dash on very cold winter days and night cold air is coming thru when I have the heat at the icon setting and second lowest one, I just told dealer about it. The day I took it in was not a good day since there was six inches and hard to go fast about 65mph. This is when I feel it the most. Do you have this issue. And the top of the dash board get cold, more than a car?
This is not a unique RAV's issue. It happens with many cars on very cold weather. What happens is that a small amount of air is directed towards the windshield through the defroster openings, it hits the ice-cold windshield, and then blows over the dash straight onto your hands on the steering wheel. I can feel it in every car I drive - my wife's Highlander, my Venza, and my son's Dodge Avenger. The "cure" is to increase the defroster air flow by changing the settings manually. You will find similar complaints on other automotive forums (for example Subaru Outback). In some cars it becomes noticeable around freezing temperatures, in others it takes much lower temperature.
The Following User Says Thank You to katekebo For This Useful Post:
dehill (03-05-2015)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome