Rear suspension arm recall - have you needed an alignment - Toyota RAV4 Forums
Recall

Find out about the history of your next vehicle and learn how to track the history of your current vehicle.

View Poll Results: Has your car needed a rear alignment after the rear arms were epoxied?
No, my car has not needed alignment 2 28.57%
Yes, and I paid for the repairs 1 14.29%
Yes, and Toyota paid for the repairs 3 42.86%
No, I refused to allow the dealer to epoxy the arms 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Rear suspension arm recall - have you needed an alignment

I'm in the midst of a battle with Toyota about a rear alignment now that my car has been epoxied. I'm curious how many other people have been through this. Please reply to the poll below so we know a little more about this situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 04:23 PM

Rav4 suspension recall fix needs fixing

We have a 2010 Rav 4 with the suspension recall. Since the"fix" , the rear wheels have gone out of alignment twice ruining one set of tires( cupping) . After purchasing new tires we had Toyota realign wheels at our expense. Since only Toyota can do the alignment it is $250. Had the car in for our free oil change and the rear wheels are out of alignment again and Toyota wants $250 to realign the tires . Prior to the fix we had the tires aligned at the brake shop for $90. Since the fix we'll have had two alignments in six months. This appears to be a fairly common occurance if you search on-line. Can anybody say , " Class Action " . Toyota had better do the right thing re. this issue or a long time Toyota driver will start driving a Honda. We are dealing with Chuck Patterson Toyota in Chico, CA. Anyone experiencing similar issues?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 02:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Well they just announced a 3rd recall for this to replace them...and then epoxy them again in place.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 12:48 PM

I received this recall last fall, but when I went to my Toyota dealership they told me they had to order the parts, and they would let me know when they came in. That was 5 months ago. Every time I call, they tell me that they are still waiting for the parts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 02:02 PM
Your Humble Administrator

Thanked 1,943 Times in 1,395 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenA View Post
I received this recall last fall, but when I went to my Toyota dealership they told me they had to order the parts, and they would let me know when they came in. That was 5 months ago. Every time I call, they tell me that they are still waiting for the parts.
Steven, I suggest you forget about this recall as I have done. Living in FL, you will never have road salt corroding these parts. And once it is done, you can no longer have the rear end aligned. I've heard too many stories about how they epoxy these parts and then it's discovered that the rear alignment is off. Very expensive to have it fixed then.

Help RAV4World members help you by providing your car's operating location in your profile page. Climate can cause a RAV4 in Dallas Wisconsin to experience a different set of issues when compared to the same model in Dallas Texas.

2008 Limited V6 2WD "The Silver Bullet"

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 11:25 AM

Unhappy Need new arms again can't do alignment

Going through this fix now. I purchased a used 2009 RAV4 sport for my son I was told all recall work had been done and that the car had run flats when I asked for a spare tire. Well after 2,000 miles my son got a flat and the car had to be towed. I found out tires were not run flats. I purchased two new tires. 6,000 on new tires had an oil change done and was told I needed new tires they were showing radial belts on the inside rear tires and they were not safe to drive on. I take it too a different dealership for alignment. I'm told they did everything and it can't be aligned without new arms. I call Toyota and after a long time they agree to pay the dealer to do the work. Supposedly the arms were replaced in 2014 with 90,000 miles on the vehicle. It now has 101,000 and needs new arms again. We have owned the car for 16 months and put 10,000 miles on the car. Toyota said they are paying out of good faith since we don't know how the car was treated before we bought it. I have no faith that the fix will work for more than another 10,000 miles. I can't afford new arms and new tires every time he needs an alignment! The repair work is only warranted for 1 year. These new arms will be epoxied and will not be adjustable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page