Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Maintenance Required Warning

86K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  bostonric 
#1 ·
Heys, I have a 2009 Basic Rav4. My car has around 4,700 miles on it and now when i turn on the car the maintenance required light blinks for awhile before it stops (started blinking around the time i hit 4,500 miles). I read the manual and i know its like a reminder for getting an oil change which i just got recently at 4,200 miles. My question is...is there any way to stop the light from blink all the time, i know its nothing big but its kind of annoying.

thanks.

#5 ·
AznRazor said:
Heys, I have a 2009 Basic Rav4. My car has around 4,700 miles on it and now when i turn on the car the maintenance required light blinks for awhile before it stops (started blinking around the time i hit 4,500 miles). I read the manual and i know its like a reminder for getting an oil change which i just got recently at 4,200 miles. My question is...is there any way to stop the light from blink all the time, i know its nothing big but its kind of annoying.

thanks.
The maintenance light means it's time for an oil change. I don't recall the exact milage (it's in the manual) but eventually, it'll just stay on instead of flashing and then turning off. I'm not sure how to turn it off yourself and checking the link above seems to be for a Rav with a push button start, though, you may be able to follow the instructions altered for your Rav and have it work.

#6 ·
AznRazor said:

thanks.
The procedure is in your 2009 owner's manual on page 358.

#7 ·
You'll want to get rid of it because the light will come on and stay on at 5000, and do it every 5000...the blinking light when you start up does that for the 500 miles prior to the 5000 mile increment.

#8 ·
junebug1701 said:
AznRazor said:

thanks.
The procedure is in your 2009 owner's manual on page 358.
hey guys- at the risk of sounding like a complete fool, i tried this and it didnt work. can anyone be a little more specific for the dimwitted... 1.) for a bush button rav, the reset button to push is the one on the dash rather than the button on the steering wheel, correct? 2.) when holding the button while hitting ignition, should the car be completely off, or can the electronics be already turned on so that the trip meter is showing?

thanks to anyone that can help.

#9 ·
bostonric said:
hey guys- at the risk of sounding like a complete fool, i tried this and it didnt work. can anyone be a little more specific for the dimwitted... 1.) for a bush button rav, the reset button to push is the one on the dash rather than the button on the steering wheel, correct? 2.) when holding the button while hitting ignition, should the car be completely off, or can the electronics be already turned on so that the trip meter is showing?

1.) yes.

2.) The car should be completely off when you start holding in the button, after first ensuring that trip meter A was showing when the car was turned off. That is specified in step 1 of the procedure.

I haven't actually done this, however.

#10 ·
Carbon said:
bostonric said:

1.) yes.

2.) The car should be completely off when you start holding in the button, after first ensuring that trip meter A was showing when the car was turned off. That is specified in step 1 of the procedure.

I haven't actually done this, however.
thanks carbon- im sitting at 4800 miles and change and sick of that flashing light! ill try again tonight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.