Toyota RAV4 Forums - View Single Post - How does RAV4 4WD work?
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 02:54 PM
dcarr1971

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillCAD
How much difference can I expect to feel when the snow starts falling? I'm not an adventurous four-wheeler anyway, and I tend to avoid driving when it snows, but there are times when you simply can't avoid it, like when your management company skimps on clearing the lot in front of your apartment, or the lot at work isn't cleared in a timely fashion, or when several inches of snow suddenly dump unexpectedly while you're at work and you have to slog your way home through it...
From what you're saying you'll probably be fine. Just make sure you've good tires and be ready to hit the button to turn off the VSC when things get ugly. (My '07 doesn't have that button so we have to go through a series of stupid human tricks to turn off the TRAC/VSC.

I live in Pittsburgh where everything is on the side of a steep hill and snow covered/frozen for at least 4 months of the year, so the difference between a good AWD system and what the Rav offers (Hey, its still better than FWD ) is noteworthy...just as the difference between any AWD and real 4WD is significant to someone who really needs a 4x4.

Dave C.
1998 Subaru Outback Sport

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome