The odd uses of a Rav4 - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.1 General Discuss anything RAV4.1 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 06:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have been known to carry 4 or 5 20' lengths of various types steel (cut in half) on Cubby. He also has carried 2x2s 2x4s and on one occasion a sheet of plywood. He has turned out to be quite the little work horse. .

Paladin......Have Rav,Will Travel! - Vic Cook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVMAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
I am sure that Kelly can post some picts. of last years X-Mas toy drive.
8)

[img]/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=2952[/img]
COOL picture Kelly Only if you had a roof rack all the toys would look nice on top with out shopping carts.

RAV4WORLD.COM
#13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Advanced Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by franco90
COOL picture Kelly Only if you had a roof rack all the toys would look nice on top with out shopping carts.
Yeah, how did you get all those shopping carts into the 2 door RAV?
#14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 02:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to wilcodude1134
I moved into college last year with my RAV. It was all loaded up the night before with everything I was taking with me. I took out the rear seats and everything. Among other things, I had a futon frame on the roof, the mattress inside, clothes, books, computer, etc. And then a bike on my spare tire bike rack. I have pictures around somewhere... Maybe I'll grab them later and edit them into the post.

All told, I don't know how much wight but there wasn't any room for anything besides me and to shift, I had to contort my arm around a ton of stuff and the back wheels definitely had some negative camber goin' on. BUT! Everything I needed for school (including me) fit in the car and that's all that counts, right?

Joe
1998 RAV4 4WD 5-Speed
#15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 02:46 AM
Pim
Advanced Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Unless you got to explain to the local law enforcement that hiring a trailer for that purpose was too much effort and that fine for it was 'so much cheaper'. Or to the family of the person you didn't see walking on the street and hit...
(In the Netherlands you can hire a trailer for 1 day for less then 25 dollar)
Greetz

Pim

Driving a BMW318i with LPG at the moment. Had a 2.0 RAV4.1 1997 3drs 4WD euro model w/ABS dual sunroof blue two tone previously.
#16 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 02:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to wilcodude1134
I didn't anticipate it being a big deal. It was college move-in day (the school I go to is the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis and there are 50,000 students that move in at once) so there were tons of overloaded cars. I didn't have to travel very far at that point, either.

I wish I could say it was as easy when I moved OUT at the end of last year but, naturally, I had accumulated a significant amount of more stuff. Oh well. Such is life.

Joe
1998 RAV4 4WD 5-Speed
#17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 12:01 AM
CPD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilcodude1134 View Post
I moved into college last year with my RAV. It was all loaded up the night before with everything I was taking with me. I took out the rear seats and everything. Among other things, I had a futon frame on the roof, the mattress inside, clothes, books, computer, etc. And then a bike on my spare tire bike rack. I have pictures around somewhere... Maybe I'll grab them later and edit them into the post.

All told, I don't know how much wight but there wasn't any room for anything besides me and to shift, I had to contort my arm around a ton of stuff and the back wheels definitely had some negative camber goin' on. BUT! Everything I needed for school (including me) fit in the car and that's all that counts, right?

I was just about to say that whole basic thing! Didn't take out the rear seats, just folded them up, but I know there had to be hundreds of pounds of move in stuff in the car. In hindsight, I should have put more in my parent's car, but oh well, it made up Penn View Mountain--about a mile and a half straight up a hill that is probably a 35-40 degree slope. Not even joking... Overloaded with probably 600-800 pounds of stuff, parents behind me so I couldn't get a proper head start without getting yelled at, and morons speeding up around me, then slowing down infront of me until I almost stop.

As for the largest single item hauled, probably a lawn mower--had to bunch it up, bend this, move the wheels, etc., and it still scratched up the sides of the rear interior. (finishing a morning of work at an OA weekend, and we would have had to have a truck come and pick it up, and while my car still had half of my camping gear in it, just put it in sideways and we were off to the races!)

Then the strange uses, well, my rav was a weed sprayer--my dad rode in the back with the gate open, slowly ride through the field by the fence as he sprayed or got out to spray the fences.

Then I can say with much certainty that 4.1 Rav4's make pretty decent drive-by shooting vehicles...

...with water guns. Don't ask, I'll just say the kid with the giant water gun in the back was aiming at the lodge chief, he just couldn't really hit out of a moving vehicle at a fairly long range... and we needed to get to where he was to work anyway... (and that is one of the videos I highly doubt I'll put on youtube...)

Then you have the time at the August OA weekend (the same time as drive-bying the lodge cheif) where the first aid chairman needed me to go Chinook and haul some 5-gallon Igloo's full of water to where they needed dropped off. Needless to say the car took quite a while to dry out.

Now if somebody can come up with stranger uses than weed sprayer, watergun drive by-ing and being a water buffalo, then PLEASE let me know... (and mind you, this is only within the first 8 months I've owned it)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page