Need Help!! [auto shift knob repair/replacement?] - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.1 General Discuss anything RAV4.1 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 11:56 PM
jcole4455

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Need Help!! [auto shift knob repair/replacement?]

I have a 99 rav automatic trans. Just got my hands on this vehicle but it is in sad shape, in an attempt to clean it up I have removed the seats and the console. The black cover that fits around the shift arm is broken and pushed down. I took all apart. I also removed the two small screws on the shift knob thinking I would remove the top of the shift knob and remove the shift indicator but...... you can guess what happened, shifter release button came popping out and I can't seem to get it back in properly it does not function. Please help. Pictures, words of advice, parts breakdown, anything. Got a haynes but not much help. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 02:04 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to The Drifter Send a message via Yahoo to The Drifter
Re: Need Help!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcole4455
I have a 99 rav automatic trans. Just got my hands on this vehicle but it is in sad shape, in an attempt to clean it up I have removed the seats and the console. The black cover that fits around the shift arm is broken and pushed down. I took all apart. I also removed the two small screws on the shift knob thinking I would remove the top of the shift knob and remove the shift indicator but...... you can guess what happened, shifter release button came popping out and I can't seem to get it back in properly it does not function. Please help. Pictures, words of advice, parts breakdown, anything. Got a haynes but not much help. Thanks
Search. this has happened to more than one RAV4 owner, and there is a walk-through on how to fix it somewhere on the forum
#3 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 05:05 PM

Has anyone got this fix?? i need help.

I cant find anything on this anywhere on the site. please reply with any info would be great
#4 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 02:26 AM
Pim
Advanced Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Don't have a walk through for you, but got an exploded view of how it should be looking.
Maybe that helps
Greetz

Pim

Driving a BMW318i with LPG at the moment. Had a 2.0 RAV4.1 1997 3drs 4WD euro model w/ABS dual sunroof blue two tone previously.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pim For This Useful Post:
smokey45 (11-19-2012)
#5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 10:56 AM

Thank you Very Much PIM. I figure it out looking at your exploded view.
This is what happen when you take out the two screws and lift up the knob part number :33625 the white piece turn around and goes the wrong way. so when you put it back together it locks in place and you cant do anything. so what you need to do is turn the knob counter clock wise and back down the part number 33625 will go back in place how it was. Put the screws back in and put it in park and put in the spring in and align it and push the button in. thats its.

Thanks Again
PIM your the best save me time.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page