sun visors - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.1 General Discuss anything RAV4.1 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 11:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
sun visors

I have been loving my "new" 2000 Rav4, so much that I was real surprised the first time I deployed the sun visors. Maybe mine have been over used or something, but they are super flimsy, thin and cheap feeling, so unlike the rest of the car. My '08 Yaris as a comparasion, has much better visors, with the little slide out extensions that are real handy. Hey if this is all I have to complain about !

I want to find some Yaris ones, and have a simple mod figured that should make the re-fit easy enough. I see someone did the same using Lexus visors, he must have felt the same about the stock ones as I do, they are YUGO like and just bug me every time I use them. I'll post a picture when I refit some different ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to ptom For This Useful Post:
foranfor (09-01-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 05:27 AM

Hi Ptom, you put it in a nut shell......the visors are flimsy, but anything harder would be a face remodelling tool if you rear ended someone at speed.....I prefer the soft touch visors to a harder type as I value my handsome facial features.....LOL.

BTW, I have always longed for a visor with side extenders for when you get side sunlight....so I'll look up the '08 Yarris type you mentioned.
Ian.
#3 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 08:13 PM

Greetings ptom; In additions to what you mentioned the visors also start to sag with use and not return fully to the Up position. I do like some RAVer, i another post, said he does and just keep the visor fully extended against the windshield. I don't want the visor to sag half way down from normal use. I don't know if the sun will eventually damage the visor being next to the windshield, time will tell.

08 RAV4.3.3 V6 4wd Bliz. Wht./Ash 34k 23.8mpg av

Last edited by Tedbird; 09-01-2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: add av at end
#4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 08:32 PM

i tinted my truck a couple of days ago but havent tinted the front. even though is 35% i find it a little dark because i get too much light from the front. what i do is that i use sunglasses. can be dangerous but is the only option until i get 50% in the front... i also ahve a truck that has the extenders and those can be really handy... pm me if you find them

'99 2wd 204k miles
#5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Your Humble Administrator

Thanked 1,068 Times in 775 Posts
Garage
I wonder if the visors from a 4.3 would fit? They have the extenders.

James

2008 Limited V6 2WD "The Silver Bullet"

#6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 10:48 PM
CPD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneBug View Post
I wonder if the visors from a 4.3 would fit? They have the extenders.
I'd assume that they're the same as the yaris ones, but I could be wrong...

My sun visors are in great shape yet, and are nice and stiff yet, but they never cover anywhere that you need them to cover to keep the sun out of your eyes. Especially with the way the hills and windy roads are around here, I'm constantly having the visor to the side, hand shading my eyes anyhow because it doesn't cover up where the sun is.
#7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 06:32 AM
Pim
Advanced Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cariduro69 View Post
i tinted my truck a couple of days ago but havent tinted the front. even though is 35% i find it a little dark because i get too much light from the front.
I would check if you are allowed to do the front windows without getting fined.
Most countries in the world have fines for darkening the front windows due to it making you much harder to contact by other traffic.
Greetz

Pim

Driving a BMW318i with LPG at the moment. Had a 2.0 RAV4.1 1997 3drs 4WD euro model w/ABS dual sunroof blue two tone previously.
#8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 12:40 AM
CPD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
Most countries in the world have fines for darkening the front windows due to it making you much harder to contact by other traffic.
Greetz

Pim
Yeah, that goes by what state you're in over here. I know some states couldn't care less, but here in Penna, it's flat out your car gets impounded if you put the wrong tint on it. I think there's certain PA legal tints, which make you still identafiable to police, but there's a lot of grey areas on it. You're allowed rear tinting, obviously, but front is one of those things I wouldn't try just because of the ambiguity in it. I don't really see the point in it myself. It makes your car look a little bit cooler, but not much compaired to something like a nice hood decal or something.
#9 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
Greetz

Pim
yeah. im allowed 50% in the front if im not mistaking... right now im of putting 35% cause im bad like that xD actually if you get a ticket and get the tint out and go to the police station, they actually release the fine(no paying). i think everyone should tint they're front window cause it make it easier to look to the sides at night and to the front at day.

'99 2wd 204k miles
#10 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cariduro69 View Post
yeah. im allowed 50% in the front if im not mistaking... right now im of putting 35% cause im bad like that xD actually if you get a ticket and get the tint out and go to the police station, they actually release the fine(no paying). i think everyone should tint they're front window cause it make it easier to look to the sides at night and to the front at day.
i wanted to have something clarified:
the lower the number, the darker the tint. for example, 35% would be a darker tint than a 50%. is it that way where you stay?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page