Toyota VTSS Alarm Fob - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.1 General Discuss anything RAV4.1 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 05:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Toyota VTSS Alarm Fob

Hi All

Can someone post a photo of the alarm fob that operates the Toyota VTSS alarm fitted to their RAV4 please.

I've just picked up a 1998 RAV4 STAX and it didn't come with any alarm remote fobs, I've checked the car and it has the VTSS system fitted, the alarm horn is fitted in the drivers side under the bonnet (Hood) it has VTSS written on the horn, also it has a red LED in the centre console next to the parking brake that flashes when the car is locked which I assume is the inhibitor.

I'd rather get new remote fobs if it is possible than have to have it removed from the car. There's a few for sale on that well known auction site but I don't know which one I'm looking for.

If any one in the UK knows a place to buy or get these reprogrammed I would be much obliged.

Thanks all

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 08:47 AM
Pim
Advanced Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
You mean this one? (which, btw, is written TVSS, from Toyota Vehicle Security System)

Find out more about it on this thread
And since it is original Toyota's, you may best resort to emptying your wallet at the local dealer. Those fobs are expensive and pairing them with your alarm isn't cheap either. Partnumber is in the picture.
Greetz

Pim

Driving a BMW318i with LPG at the moment. Had a 2.0 RAV4.1 1997 3drs 4WD euro model w/ABS dual sunroof blue two tone previously.
#3 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012, 01:32 PM

The thread given by Pim above is the what you need - especially look at post number 15 by Rochdalemasher (the rest of the posts are fairly unhelpful).

Print no. 15 post out and have it with you in the car if you do this job.

I've just reprogrammed 2 remotes this afternoon .

When pressing the green button, hold it as the red light doesn't come on straight away. Then press the open/lock buttons on the remote simultaneously. If nothing happens, just repeat the process. If I remember correctly, the system uses a random rolling code and the remote may not synchronise first time round.

2nd hand Remotes from eBay were priced at £5 but they are much more now, up to £20.
#4 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 05:19 AM

(Thread Starter)
Hi All

Many thanks for the help. I've ordered two remote fobs and found a local company that will come out and program them for £25.

I contacted Toyota in the UK they want roughly £55 for a transponder key and £65 for a remote fob, then an hours labour to program the keys and fobs. Which is a steep price but at least they are still able to be ordered which is good to know.

Thanks

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page