Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Side window vents won't fit.

4K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  mzgabby 
#1 ·
I have been through two auto part suppliers and neither had side window vents which seem to fit properly on our 1999 Rav4. They never seem to accommodate the side mirror mount. What brand and number do you have on yours? Thanks.

#2 ·
Are you talking about vent visors? I have a set of Weathertech visors that install inside the window channel and fit perfectly. They call 'em side window deflectors. Here's what they look like on a '99:

#4 ·
No problem, I got the photo off the Weathertech site:

http://www.weathertech.com/

A full set for your RAV4 is $99 but they're worth every penny to me. Or you can just get the fronts for $59.

#7 ·
Tried that on a smoke tinted one and it turned white and I screwed up because the angle was off. I know they must make the cheaper, adhesive ones somewhere but I can't find them. Both sets I checked out (Auto Zone and another on-line) said the same ones fit on 96-99 or 2000. Something like that. But they were wrong. On with the search.

#8 ·
I know they must make the cheaper, adhesive ones somewhere but I can't find them.
A. Excellent fit, finish, and function.

B. Cheap price.

I picked A. My ride is worth it.

#18 ·
Yes I did. At first the anti-jam function of the driver's window would hit the visor and reverse. So I inched it up manually and let it sit overnight. It never happened again, and that was like 7 years ago.

Oh, and I bought them through Amazon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.