Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Parts needed for adding stock keyless entry?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  browland17 
#1 ·
I know this has been asked before, but I have not found a clear answer to my question. I want to add stock keyless entry to my Rav4.1, and I am wondering if I can just add the wireless receiver to add keyless entry? Or do I need to add or replace other parts, like the door lock ECU?

I may have access to a receiver and fobs from a donor car. Same model and year. Receiver part number: 89741-42030

I think I have found the location for the receiver. Found an unknown connector when I repaired the wires for the trailer hitch.
Location: rear drivers side. The connector seems to fit the wireless receiver.
Receiver here and here. Connector here.

I know I can install an aftermarket kit from Amazon or eBay, but I want to install stock keyless entry.
I hope someone can help me. :)

Some information about the car:
Rav4.1 SXA11L-AWMGKW
5-door, Left-hand drive
Manual transmission
Year: 1998/1999
With manual Central locking

~Liloolil

See less See more
#2 ·
I just bought the receiver(89741-42030) with fobs, and it works! :D Plug and play without any extra wiring. Locks and unlocks all five doors without problems. Also locks the doors after 30 seconds if the unlock button is pressed without opening any of the doors. The only thing that is not working is the blinking turn signal lights when locking/unlocking, but that does not matter for me.

#3 ·
Glad to hear you got it working!

It appears to be different from our US systems. The receiver mounts under the drivers seat and is part of the alarm system in my left hand drive. :)

Thank you for the update.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.