Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Bigger Windshield Wipers

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  campingcanada 
#1 ·
Hey guys, has anyone tried putting larger windshield wipers on the 4.1? The normal specs are:
Driver: 20 in
Pass: 19 in
Back: 14 in
I hate, especially in the front, how the wipers miss part of the windshield and leave marks. I know some people say not to because the wipers will crash into each other or be too big for the windshield, but I am curious if anyone has had luck with it. I haven't found longer wipers specifically for the rav4.1, but I don't know if anyone else has. All help would be appreciated, thanks fellow ravers!

#10 ·
darn, I guess I'm stuck with a line of dirty water on the left.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you talking about how close the wiper gets to the side of the windshield?
Or do you you want the the wiper to sweep closer to the top of the windshield?

2 different problems.

#9 ·
When they move the steering wheel, they also change the wipers so they go the other way. The time I rented a right hand drive it was like being in a backward universe, the right turn became the big one across traffic while the left was close to the curb, even the windshield wipers went the other way. But, being left handed I easily got the hang of shifting gears from the other seat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.