Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Rare, optional rear door / cargo bags

6K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Muppetseb 
#1 ·
Been looking for them for a long time ... just snagged them on eBay!

If you bid against me, sorry ... :shrug:

He didn't show the door-mounted rail nor snaps, but fortunately my 4.1 already has them.

Just one more missing part from my Special Edition ...

#7 ·
Waiting on pictures of them hanging in the back.
Curious what exactly the manufacturer had designed that we all don't have.

#10 ·
Got 'em in. They were somewhat stinky and also a bit dirty inside, so I decided to take a risk on washing them. I removed (then hand washed separately) the two lower straps to keep these straps' snap-buttons from getting dinged in the washing machine (the straps are held on by Velcro). Used an HE (horizontal/front load) washer on Permanent Press, with prewash, warm/warm, low spin speed, and lots of liquid detergent. Washed them alone to keep fuzz, etc. off them.

Came out fine, and am now finishing-up air drying them (24+ hours). The Toyota tags now look washed, but are not damaged badly. The bags look/smell much better. No difference in color (nor the very significant fading on top), and the blue piping strips still look new despite the wash. Once dry, I plan to mount them and take a picture (they will look like the picture(s) linked to from above).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.