Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Weak central lock electric motor.

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Aussie50 
#1 ·
Hello guys,

I have a problem with my driver`s door central locking mechanism. It stopped working some time ago. I took the the left and the right door apart, and noticed that the driver`s door electric motor that locks/unlocks the door is weaker then the passenger`s door`s motor. I left it the way it was because I had no time to work on the problem, but after 1-2 months I noticed that the door is working. Miraculously the electric motor was working again and it was locking/unlocking the door as it should. Now however, the motor is not working again.

Do you have any idea, what the problem can be? I guess it is not the electric motor? Is it the wiring? No idea anymore :S

Regards.

#2 ·
#4 ·
Good articles!, Bluey-rav's locks are a litle slow to react in the cold as of late, i am thinking its a combo of a tired motor and sticky-gluey old grease, that motor in the second article is horribly small, even your average hi-fi CD player has a bigger motor to run the laser sled :p

mind you if I gave it a shot of spray grease I would just end up flooding the motor and contacts with grease and kill it, so it looks like a full disassemble job :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.