Check engine light code P0130 - O2 sensor - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.1 Faults & Fixes Got a problem with your RAV4.1?
Share it here and maybe even find a solution.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 12:11 PM
phamine

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Check engine light code P0130 - O2 sensor

Is this the closest O2 sensor on the primaries of the exhuast manifold? I don't have the factory manual to check.

Also, where would i be able to get a genuine one? I'm a honda guy so I use sites like:

www.slhondaparts.com
www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

These sites have schematics for their parts. Are there any genuine toyota part dealers than use this type of scheme?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 09:34 PM
R4W Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking at your printout it says bank 1 sensor 1 which would be primary O2 , since sensor 2 would be secondary sensor... but you can always search online...

Google is your friend... Search and ye shall find...

P0130 Heated Oxygen Sensor Circuit - Bank 1 Sensor 1.

That would mean primary O2 sensor...
#3 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 01:49 PM
phamine

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Just changed it for $100 for the Denso Toyota O2 sensor from the dealer- The CEL is gone. Thanks

#4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 06:52 PM
R4W Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamine
Just changed it for $100 for the Denso Toyota O2 sensor from the dealer- The CEL is gone. Thanks
Cool... glad to hear it's fixed... 8)
#5 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 09:55 PM

I bet the code is still stored in the pcm tho. It just isn't having the problem now since you replaced the o2 sensor so the light goes off. If you find somebody with a scan tool check to see if it's stored so you can erase the code. That way if it comes back later you know it's a new problem. The only way to clear an obdII code is with a scan tool or code reader. You can't clear stored codes by un-hooking the battery.

'86 Vette, '97 Rav4, stock
#6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 11:56 PM

Never heard that DTC can't be cleared by removing power.
Although many cars can clear DTC automatically themselves if the problem does not reappear for 40 continuous driving cycles, Toyota can't. However, if disconnect a battery terminal or EFI fuse, you can definitely clear DTC.
#7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 09:46 PM

I'll have to see that to believe it. I've never tried it on a Toyota but every other OBD II car I've heard of has to have a scan tool or code reader to clear the codes. Maybe you somehow managed to clear the light from some code that no longer was having that problem but that didn't necessarily clear the code stored in the pcm. You car correct that sometimes the light will go off after several drive cycles without having the problem that originally set the code. But, that doesn't clear the stored code from the pcm. Even tho the light is not staying on doesn't mean there are no codes stored.

'86 Vette, '97 Rav4, stock
#8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 09:13 PM

My knowledge needs updating.

All vehicles I touched before this year are pre-1996 models. I did clear DTC by disconnecting power for various cars. Now, I realize many cars since last 10 years have changed. DTC in GM, Ford cars can only be cleared by a scan tool. Chrysler cars can clear DTC ifself after 50 key cycles if the problem does not reappear. Japanese car makers are traditionally conservative toward new technology. Some of them like Toyota still permit a user to clear DTC by cutting off power.

To my surprise, to retrieve ABS trouble code of 1997 RAV4, I have to use a legacy method --- jump a special diagnostic port with a wire and count how many times the Check Engine light flashes. In the field of automotive electroncs, although more reliable, imported cars are still a few years behind domestic cars.
#9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 02:13 AM

I made an error in previous post about ABS DTC. To retrieve ABS DTC is to watch ABS waring light blink pattern and number, instead of Check Engine light.
There are three Data Link Connectors. DLC1 is Check Connector. DLC2 is Toyota Diagnosis Comunication Link. DLC3 is OBDII Diagnostic Connector. DLC1 in engine bay should be used to extract and clear ABS DTC.
#10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 09:54 AM

Cool, it sounds like you know pretty much about the Toyota diagnostic steps/links. One note I would repeat tho. Even if the c.e.l. (check engine light) extinguishes after several drive cycles of not seeing the problem, won't the pcm still store the code? I'm sure I've scanned peoples cars with my scan tool that did not have a cel illuminated and found codes stored. The most common is the loose/cracked gas cap code, shows different for different cars but has a emmision system related discription usually.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page