Rattle noise :( - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.1 Faults & Fixes Got a problem with your RAV4.1?
Share it here and maybe even find a solution.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Calvin63

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Rattle noise :(

Helllo people and good day I have a 1998 Rav4 that makes a rattle noise after the engine has been running for alittle bit and the sound goes away when its in neutral. My car has 80,000 miles on it.Could this be timeing belt or water pump?thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ralphb
It's probably the water pump. If you didn't have the timing belt changed at 60,000 miles, you are overdue and are asking for trouble - get the timing belt and water pump changed out ASAP. If you did have the timing belt done at 60K, you should have had the water pump changed at the same time; if not, you may need to have it done now. If that is the case, you might as well get a timing belt done as well.
#3 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 11:22 AM
SZRimaging

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
What kind of rattling noise? Have you gotten underneath to look at the heat shields to make sure taht they haven't come loose fallen off? On mine the bottom heat shield did fall off. So it will rattle on occasion. To fix it, all I need to do is get underneath and clip off the bracket that used to hold the heat shield. Its not a big deal to drive without the bottom heatshield. That would be my first reccomendation. Much cheaper and easier to fix Afther that, just keep looking around to see what may be the cause.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page