sunroof drainage problem. - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.1 Faults & Fixes Got a problem with your RAV4.1?
Share it here and maybe even find a solution.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 12:41 PM
jibong

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
sunroof drainage problem.

good day to all. my problem is this... i have a 97 rav 2 dr,with dual sunroofs.my front sunroof is not draining the water. i know for a fact that my car was involved in an accident before and for some dumb reason they did not fix the drainage system. although i am living here in the desert, we have some share of rain specially last december where almost raining continously for a month.
i took a closer inspection and i saw that there was 4 drainage holes at every corner. and the 2 at the front are those dead. the right side is almost completely draining inside the car... i asked some friend and said that provably the hose inside is damaged and the guys who fixed the car did not bother to replace it, and the other one at the driver side is clogged, i tried to unclogg it by inserting a wire but at the bottom i can feel that its hard and i suspect that maybe when they painted the car or put the undercoat they could have covered the drain hole. so can anyone help me where i can locate this drain hole so that maybe i could re open it.
but for the meantime i just totally plastered the sunroof edges with tape just in case it pours again. hope you can help me. a picture of where the hole is will be deeply appreciated. thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
It's been YEARS since I had my the interior panels off in my 1996 2DR, but as I recall... the sunroof drain tubes are located behind the "B" pillar on the passenger side. You'll have to unbolt the seatbelts and pop off quite a few "clips" but once you have the panels removed the drain tubes are the CLEAR plastic hoses.

Retired from R4W CLICK HERE
#3 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 10:14 AM
jibong

thanks ravman for the reply. just to make sure... my problem is at the driver side front left corner drain. and i am expecting that the drain outlet could have been at least near the front left tire or somewhere under the fender. i already inserted a wire and it goes on thru until i reached the bottom where there is resistance. hope you can help me. i think the ones you are referring are for the back drainage holes of the front sunroof and the front drain holes of the back sunroof. hope i did not confuse you. thanks.

#4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibong
hope i did not confuse you. thanks.
You should probably remove the interior panels from BOTH sides of your RAV Problem having TWO sunroofs is you have LOTS of drain tubes Either way... I'm sure the drain hoses run down inside the "B" pillar.

Retired from R4W CLICK HERE
#5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 10:48 AM
jibong

guess its my only option. actually i tried to remove the panels at the windshield pillars but i think i have to remove the dashboard also. anyway i will try again this weekend. thanks ravman

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page