p1130 code? - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.1 Faults & Fixes Got a problem with your RAV4.1?
Share it here and maybe even find a solution.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 03:09 AM
Katai

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
p1130 code?

Check engine lights been on and off here and there. So I bought the reader, got p1130: A/F Sensor Circuit range/performance malfunction (bank 1 Sensor 1)

Can somebody explain that to me in plain english please? lol. Is it expensive to fix? Danger to my vehicle?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey, I was experiencing the same thing with my rav4. Mine is a 2000 and conforms to california emissions. YOu can check my post here for some other information.
http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopi...ighlight=p1130

I basically bought a new a/f sensor and replaced it. So far the light hasn't come back on (knock on wood). The new sensor cost me $170, dealer wanted $270 and the slotted socket you need to change it with cost me $11. Im not sure how much dealer would charge for labor to change it. Im guessing with new sensor it would probably be over $300. Im not sure if its a danger to the vehicle, but if the light is coming on i would change it. I waited till i got some cash to buy the sensor. But check out the topic i posted to see if your rav conforms to california emissions.

Stephen L.
#3 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Katai

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl4nucrewprod4
Hey, I was experiencing the same thing with my rav4. Mine is a 2000 and conforms to california emissions. YOu can check my post here for some other information.
http://RAV4World.com/forums/viewtopi...ighlight=p1130

I basically bought a new a/f sensor and replaced it. So far the light hasn't come back on (knock on wood). The new sensor cost me $170, dealer wanted $270 and the slotted socket you need to change it with cost me $11. Im not sure how much dealer would charge for labor to change it. Im guessing with new sensor it would probably be over $300. Im not sure if its a danger to the vehicle, but if the light is coming on i would change it. I waited till i got some cash to buy the sensor. But check out the topic i posted to see if your rav conforms to california emissions.
I'm in Cali so chances are its the AF sensor

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page