Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Cant Find Back Tire Jack Location

14K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Mick Hatzo 
#1 ·
Hello, I'm looking for my back tire jack location on my rav4 98, and the pictures in my owners manual leave much to be desired, I am not using the scissors jack provided with the car i am using my own large Trolley jack. Can someone please supply a picture with a marked location, or highlighted in red in paint around where i should jack my car up from, because i cant figure out where to do it from and would rather not damage my car / have it roll on me and crush me.

Thank you

#3 ·
#4 ·
You might add that to my profile instead of 'advanced member' ;)
I am a tiny bit of experienced in using search options.
Give me a few files to work with and i give you details you need. Also help people on other places and when it takes me only 1 or 1,5 minute to find something, others usually are spending lots of time trying to plough through information yust to find it after a long while.
So it seems to be something i am good at.
Greetz

Pim

Reactions: Freebie
#5 ·
You might add that to my profile instead of 'advanced member' ;)
I am a tiny bit of experienced in using search options.
Give me a few files to work with and i give you details you need. Also help people on other places and when it takes me only 1 or 1,5 minute to find something, others usually are spending lots of time trying to plough through information yust to find it after a long while.
So it seems to be something i am good at.
Indeed! We appreciate you sharing your skills here at R4W!
Thanks again!

#7 ·
changing rear tire and proper jack placement

According to you tube jack is to be found under the passengers seat. With the handle for jack and for removing lug nuts on the rear door on drivers side a compartment where handle for jack and lug wrench. If you are jacking rear of car you will see just if front of rear tire on door frame a u shape piece of metal where the jack sits make sure you have 2 pieces of 2x8x12 inches long stacked where you will place the jack. Myself I keep jack and handle with lug wrench all in compartment on rear door. Don't forget to place cover back on to compartment. For front jacking you will find the u shape just behind the front tires. John1869

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.