4.2 longevity - love to hear from high mileage owners - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.2 General Discuss anything RAV4.2 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List
rcrahn

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I just purchased a 03 RAV with 154k miles. Very clean and in great mechanical condition. No leaks, runs/shifts perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJshadow93 View Post
what is the head bolt issue??
GEN5 2.4L 2AZ-FE Stripped Head Bolts - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
Had computer defect fixed by chkeng
At what mileage did that happen?

03 RAV4-S 166k
07 Scion TC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 10:48 PM

original owner of a 01 RAV4 L. 176,000. Toyota reimbursed me for a new transmission @ 140,000 due to bad ECM from factory. Also did drivers window actuator (expensive), oil leaks after 100,000 (valve cover), and new front struts. Also had major issues with dealer when they incorrectly replaces my valve cover gasket--when I ran the car oil splashed all over my engine. Other than that, just regular maintenance. My sunroof seals also leak. Anyone with this problem? This car fits me like a glove and, like a good wine, keeps getting better.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
post #13 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 02:38 PM

I currently own a '04 with over 225,000 miles. Aside from the tires and brakes (due to normal wear), I had to change the catalytic converter a couple of years ago, a brake pressure regulator last year and oxygen sensors. She's been running really great which I believe is due to the fact I don't push it past 60 MPH unless I have to. I change the oil every 5000 miles and I use isoprophyl (must be this and not methanol) gas-line anti-freeze with EVERY tankful to keep the fuel lines clean and the injectors as well.

post #14 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AldoRod View Post
I currently own a '04 with over 225,000 miles. Aside from the tires and brakes (due to normal wear), I had to change the catalytic converter a couple of years ago, a brake pressure regulator last year and oxygen sensors. She's been running really great which I believe is due to the fact I don't push it past 60 MPH unless I have to. I change the oil every 5000 miles and I use isoprophyl (must be this and not methanol) gas-line anti-freeze with EVERY tankful to keep the fuel lines clean and the injectors as well.
I forgot to add that I bought this car new and change all the fluids regularly (either by myself or a trusted mechanic). It is equipped with a K/N air filter and I use Engine Restorer every 10,000 miles.

My runabout still runs like new; still runs at full power; and still gets 22-25 MPG.
post #15 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 06:35 PM

I'm at 155k right now on my '04 AWD AT; I bought it with 1 mile on it in Oct 2003. I had to replace the exhaust in January 2013. About 2yrs ago had some leaks around the transmission valve seals (?) but Toyota said it wasn't a big deal (unless I didn't fix them & then it would become a big deal). A radio wire is loose as of last year, so the radio fades in & out, but I'm replacing the old radio with a combo gps unit soon - I also have an aftermarket sound system in it along with remote start that I had put in back in 2004. At the end of the year I also plan on replacing the plastic casing around the headlights to freshen the look & maybe get a little more visibility. I'm hoping my RAV will last to 300k miles b/c I really like it, but I also have a 2009 Toyota Tacoma truck as my 2nd vehicle.
post #16 of 80 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 09:48 PM

2004 Toyota Rav4 S 4wd

Just bought our Rav4 with 102K miles. The Rav4 had been garaged kept and maintained. We are tinting the windows Monday and it needs fog lights, floor mats, spoiler, etc. I will post pics asap
The Following User Says Thank You to purplerav4 For This Useful Post:
AldoRod (10-01-2013)
post #17 of 80 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 09:59 PM

Take care of your 2004 RAV4, and it will take care of you (and I AM speaking from experience)!
post #18 of 80 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 10:05 PM

I got 156k on my 05. I have been religious about maintenance, oil every 4k, I drain and fill tranny every 30k, i have replaced transfer case and rear differential fluid twice. Had to replace the catalytic converter at a hair over 80k, which Toyota took care of. Just had my drivers door lock actuator go bad, I fixed it my self with an OEM part, $117. Other than those two things reliability has been insanely good in my opinion.

I also got 7 years out of the OEM battery, which i thought was amazing, so much so i put another OEM battery in it.
The Following User Says Thank You to cheesedoodle For This Useful Post:
AldoRod (10-01-2013)
post #19 of 80 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 10:02 PM

83000 on my 03, regular maintenance and a water pump at 80000, other than the fact im constantly bugged by my wife who drives it daily about the tranny thing(i should have never told her about it) i still love it and it is my fifth toy( but she is convinced its her last )and i hope it lasts that long
The Following User Says Thank You to manuetdeo For This Useful Post:
AldoRod (10-04-2013)
post #20 of 80 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 10:04 AM

175,000 miles here on my 2002. Still running like a champ. A little shaky at idle, but I think that maybe due to my aftermarket exhaust making the engine run rich

always did my oil changes, and major service mileages on time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page