Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

New To the Rav World: Just Bought a 2003 Rav4 L

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  aetius757 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!

It is with great pleasure I come to this forum. I am now the proud owner of a 2003 Rav4 L 5 speed with 115,000 miles on it. I picked up a few days ago and I am quite excited to say the least.

My first task at hand is to drain all the gear oil and replenish with nice fresh oil. Anyone have any recommendations? I am leaning towards Castrol...

Here are some pictures for everyone to enjoy and a video (I haven't named her yet):

(This was before I cleaned it. Under the rain tray was full of a lot of debris)

See less See more
1 6
#2 ·
Well done Rav4 Lover nice purchase i like that blue and no scars by the looks and ticks over well from the sounds of the video.
Welcome to the forum and Happy polishing :smile
ps i use Castrol Edge Syn 5w 30 for the engine and Toyota gen for the auto and gearboxes but if you use the search tab in general 4.2 heading you will get some to a lot of info on what others are using :cheers:

#4 ·
Maybe you can call your local MR T SPARES and get a comparative price I remember being pleasantly surprised that they where fairly competitive with the other retailers. I don't exactly recall individual prices but coolant, gear and transmission oil 3 x 4 litres containers came in at about $110 in real money !! :serious

AND i didn't have to look up any specifications they knew them eyes closed :smile

PS Like i previously stated i have read posts from some of your local natives that have mentioned your USA brand products that they use with success and feedback with high praises but you will need to do forum searches to dig them out.

(Not sure but you may need to type in moonshine products or snake oil for your search headings lol forgive the poetic license and attempt at humour) :wink

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.