Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Adding dashboard screen for computer information

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  JuneBug 
#1 ·
Hey guys, being an IT geek, I like looking at data. I was thinking of adding a screen to my 2005 RAV4 to display vehicle computer stats. I was toying with using my iphone and using this app:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dashcommand-obd-ii-gauge-dashboards/id321293183?mt=8

But it might be fun to add a screen of some type and tie it into the computer..has anyone done anything like this or have any recommendations?

Paul

#2 ·
#3 ·
Or you could use a cheap 7" Android tablet with the Torque app connected to your OBD port through Bluetooth. You will have all the data you need and more!

#4 ·
If you want to use an iPhone with the OBD port, make sure the OBD adapter is WiFi enabled and not only bluetooth since the iPhone does not work with bluetooth adapters. A better alternative is stated previously; using an android tablet with the bluetooth adapter. I am sure you can go on the local Craigslist and find a cheap but still decent tablet. Get a car mount for it and youll be set. Best thing is that you can also use it as a GPS, surf the internet with wifi and also is removable.

Or you could use a cheap 7" Android tablet with the Torque app connected to your OBD port through Bluetooth. You will have all the data you need and more!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.