Overhead console with lights/eyeglasses storage - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.2 Accessories Discuss RAV4.2 accessories, their installation, where to purchase, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 11-27-2005, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Overhead console with lights/eyeglasses storage

I was recently in a 2005 Rav, and noticed that the front overhead console had an eyeglass storage compartment.

Unfortunately my 2001 rav4 has what appear to be the same console except, with a garge door remote-control storage area, which is of little value to me.

As a longshot, anyone have an idea if it is a simple swap .

My sunglasses would prefer a better locale than boucing around in my glovebox.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-27-2005, 08:37 PM
Advanced Member

Garage
It's a simple swap --->

http://rav4world.com/images/sunglass...directions.gif

Wish I'd kept better track of the PART #'s There are a few different numbers... as the COLORS vary.
#3 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 08:47 AM

Kelly,

I'd be very interested in *any* part numbers you had for just the door.

Toyota people I talked to could only find the whole assembly (with the dome light, etc., I think), which was somewhere around $90 - a little pricey to get a $5 (at most) piece of plastic.

I resigned myself to waiting until I'm in Canada or the UK for work and visiting a local junk yard to see what I could find.
#4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 09:07 AM
Advanced Member

Garage
Sorry... I don't have the part numbers. For what it's worth... this sunglass holder is actually a CAMRY part... (which is interchangable with the RAV4). Have your dealer see if they can find it listed for the CAMRY. They used to come FREE in the Camry glove box... so the customer could have either the factory installed garage door opener holder... or replace it with the sunglass holder. It's been a few years back... maybe 2001-2003 Camrys

On a side note... the new 2006 RAV4 has the sunglass holder, instead of the garage door opener holder I don't know if this 2006 holder is interchangable with the 4.2 RAV.
#5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 11:49 PM

Swapping is easy...I also replaced my 01 Rav overhead remote garage cover with the eyglass holder, just go to your local scrap yard or wrecker (that's where I got mine) & look for a 02-05 Rav 4 L They charge you less than 10 $. I tried my local toyota dealer here & they asked for my vin # & said that its not available so I went to my local wrecker & luckily they have it. My interior is tan but the holder that I got is gray but hey...it works. To remove the console there is a screw inside the garage cover & 2 more inside the bulb holder, just take the screws off & the console pops out, just make sure you take off the light switch wire before pulling the console all the way out.
#6 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 01:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to bloorav
Sunglass holder accessory

I have been doing a bit of researching on this. Called a couple toyota dealerships in the area and they can not find this part in their listings at all - they claim you'd have to buy the entire overhead console to get it.

In looking around on ebay, I have found a certain part, and it is usually listed for Camry, Sienna, Tundra, Highlander...you name it and it is usually listed as a potential fit. I am wondering if it is a universal part (although the toyota dealers I called were *highly* skeptical that any part of theirs would fit so many vehicles. 8-})

Here is what I've found so far:
- All sunglass compartments found share the same part number (63659-AA010). The dealers I talked to said this is not a valid part number...what is missing is the color part of the code.

- Color codes found so far:
* A0 is ivory
* B0 is light gray
* B3 (medium gray)
* G0 is Sage

- The Medium gray (B3) looks to be the right color for rav4 dark gray interior, but I'm not 100% sure

- I haven't found a color code for tan yet, but that is probably what would match in the Rav4 tan trim

- Common label for this part is "cover, roof console box" or "sunglass storage door"

- On ebay auctions, retail price is quoted as being 49$...one auction says MSRP is 29$. With shipping, the ebay auctions are typically around 15$

- I've found a couple per week posted on ebay so far searching for "toyota sunglass"

Hoping I'm not promoting too much bidding competition ;-} If anyone has any further info they can provide, please post it here.

-Brian
#7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Advanced Member

Hey Paul I put my sunglasses under the steering wheel. There is a compartment there with felt in it made for sunglasses. I didn't notice mine for a while either.

Later. M.

I am a highly trained Tire ninja.
#8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 11:01 PM
sibbo

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
If it's a straight swap, I would trade you the sunglass holder for the garage opener. That way it would only cost us a few bucks for Canada post. I have a silver 02 with grey interior. The sunglass holder is popped out already, and my garage door opener is velcroed up in the gap.

#9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

Hey if Paul doesn't want to do that then maybe I'll swap with you. Its just wasted space for me right now anyway.

M.

I am a highly trained Tire ninja.
#10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 09:28 AM
rixrav

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
I put the camry homelink buttons in my Rav but the grey color was a little darker than the rest of the plastic. No one noticed but me. Check out my album for a pic.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page