Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Driver's window switch module

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  dreamer 
#1 ·
The driver's window of my 2003 RAV4 stopped working, in the down position, during the start of rainy season, of course. I took apart the door panel and extracted the faulty switch module, hoping to repair or at least get the window back UP! Unable to do so, I ordered the replacement part from a dealer on ebay for about $25. Unfortunately, the new part did not fit, the plug-in not matching the corresponding part of the wiring harness. After e-mailing the dealer, we were told that they don't actually carry the correct part . I am overwhelmed with false leads on-line. Does anyone here know where I can find the actual correct replacement part??? Does it exist or do I need to start searching the junkyards? HELP! I need to get this window UP! Thank you in advance for any help you can offer. Lynne

#3 ·
:cryingPlease. I am in mid Florida with heavy rain and wind in the forecast over the next few days. Plastic is a poor substitute for a window that will close and it's too dangerous to drive with the plastic in place due to zero visibility on the driver's side. Where can I find the part to fix this window ASAP?? Thank you!

#5 ·
You should be able to remove the inside door panel and jump 12 volts directly to the motor and get the window up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.