Drivers side power widow... - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.2 Faults & Fixes Got a problem with your RAV4.2?
Share it here, and maybe even find a solution.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 07:02 PM
cnaughtin

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Drivers side power widow...

Does anyone know how to repair the following problem? -
My driver side window was shot out with a BB gun while I was driving my 2003. I had it replaced the next day and everything seemed fine, EXCEPT when I used the automatic close feature on the power window. It would completely close and then reopen to halfway. Obviously it "thinks" that there is an obstruction and is triggering the safety mechanism. The repair shop and I think it has something to do with the fact that the window was broken in the up position while under tension, so that the window lift assembly / motor lifted slightly and now needs to be reset in some fashion. Does anyone have any idea how to perform the reset? Or is my theory wrong?
Thanks - Colin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 02:22 AM
PaiKia_RAV

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Dude... sorry for the late reply as I just officially join the club as of today...hehehee...

You need to reset the sensors for the power window. I had similar problem before but mine was mainly due to the Airplex Window Visor I fitted on my ride.

Try disconnecting BOTH power window plugs which are INSIDE the door panels, or maybe all 4 if yours is a 4 doors (5doors)... I tried doing it to the driver's side only but to no avail. Try disconnecting all the sockets, then switch ON your iginition, then OFF.

Connect all the sockets back and try auto winding your driver side windows again.

Hope this works....

#3 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 06:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Re: Drivers side power widow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnaughtin
It would completely close and then reopen to halfway. Obviously it "thinks" that there is an obstruction and is triggering the safety mechanism.
Colin... if you haven't got your window fixed yet... try this

1. Push the DOWN button and after the window gets to the bottom... keep holding the button down an additional 10 seconds.
2. Push the UP botton... and after the window gets to the top... keep holding the button down an additional 30 seconds.

This should RESET the system 8)

If this doesn't work ... run the window all the way UP and all the way DOWN... FOUR TIMES then REPEAT the 2 step process above.

Please let us know if this does the trick... just in case anybody else needs this fix in the future
The Following User Says Thank You to RAVMAN For This Useful Post:
pdanuby (02-01-2013)
#4 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 09:32 PM

If it doesn't work, sure is an entertaining process, at any rate!!

1998 RAV4 5-Speed 2WD Venetian Red Pearl w/Tail Light Guards by Manik, roof rack, roof luggage rack, two original cargo "saddle" bags on rear door, 3-tone custom-made leather steering wheel cover by WheelSkins, Michelin floor mats, tan sheepskin seat covers, Number 13 (orange stripe) cue-ball stick shift knob, alloy wheels. Push Bar grille guard by BLACK HORSE. Tan suede door panel inserts (front doors) and matching suede center console lid cover.
#5 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVMAN View Post

1. Push the DOWN button and after the window gets to the bottom... keep holding the button down an additional 10 seconds.
2. Push the UP botton... and after the window gets to the top... keep holding the button down an additional 30 seconds.

If this doesn't work ... run the window all the way UP and all the way DOWN... FOUR TIMES then REPEAT the 2 step process above.

Please let us know if this does the trick... just in case anybody else needs this fix in the future
I know this is an old thread but I would like to thank RAVMAN for his post for this fixed my issue which occurred after I installed my rain guard/deflectors. First attempt and it fixed it, Thank You!
#6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Your Humble Administrator

Thanked 1,172 Times in 847 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdanuby View Post
I know this is an old thread but I would like to thank RAVMAN for his post for this fixed my issue which occurred after I installed my rain guard/deflectors. First attempt and it fixed it, Thank You!
This procedure is in the owner's manual. There is also a similar procedure to initialize the moonroof if you have one.

James

2008 Limited V6 2WD "The Silver Bullet"

The Following User Says Thank You to JuneBug For This Useful Post:
pdanuby (02-01-2013)
#7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 02:23 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdanuby View Post

Hi PDANUBY, what was the problem that this procedure fixed? Did your drivers side window also completely close and then reopen to halfway when using the AUTO-Close button?

I am having this exact same issue as Colin had but can't seem to solve it, and so wanted to know if the up-down procedure is using the UP-Down button or AutoUp-AutoDown button?

Thanks to all,
Arthur.-
#8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVMAN View Post

Hey Ravman, when you say press the DOWN / UP buttons do you mean the Auto-DOWN and Auto-Up buttons or just the manual UP/DOWN?

Thanks in advance,
Arthur.-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page