Join Date: Dec 2004
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
AshD, I would re-torque your tranny and Motor Mount.
Tighten the front suspention crossmember- to- body
113 Nﾃつｷm (1,150 kgfﾃつｷcm, 82 ftﾃつｷlbf) for front side (a)
157 Nﾃつｷm (1,600 kgfﾃつｷcm, 115 ftﾃつｷlbf) for rear side (b)
(c) Tighten the rear suspension member-to-body mounting
Torque: 127 Nﾃつｷm (1,300 kgfﾃつｷcm, 94 ftﾃつｷlbf)
Check the oil level in your Tranny and Transfer Case (also for leakage) Replace oil if not already done.
Then Jack the front end of your car & Support it well.
Then closely inspect your Axle joints by hand, and by rotating the tire B&Forth.
If you have to have someone else do it while you listen to how for in towards the diff case the noise is coming from.
Here is what I also found in the Manualﾃ｢竄ｬﾂｦ
INSPECT BALL JOINT AND DUST COVERS
(a) Inspect the ball joints for excessive looseness.
(1) Jack up the front of the vehicle and place wooden blocks with a height of 180 - 200 mm (7.09
- 7.87 in.) under the front tires.
(2) Lower the jack until there is about half a load on the front coil spring. Place stands under the vehicle
(3) Check that the front wheels are pointing straight ahead, and block them with chocks.
(4) Using a lever, pry up the end of the lower arm, and check the amount of play.
Maximum ball joint vertical play: 0 mm (0 in.)
If there is play, replace the ball joint.
(b) Check the dust cover for damage.