Transmission solenoid replacement? - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.2 Faults & Fixes Got a problem with your RAV4.2?
Share it here, and maybe even find a solution.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 02:59 PM
beninki

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Transmission solenoid replacement?

We have a 2002 Rav4 2wd and at 82K the transmission started exhibiting all the symptoms of TSB02-006. The tech said the code was P0758, shift code B. I pulled the ECU, had it rebuilt, but the transmission is still doing the same thing, although to a lesser extent. It is not severe yet, just annoying.

The TSB says the transmission may have to be replaced. I have read in a variety of places that many people have experienced the same problems with very expensive repairs.

Can the solenoids be replaced, without having to replace the transmission?

Also, does anyone know which solenoid is "B"? TBS05-004 shows identifies them, but by different designations, ie "solenoid valve SL2."

Finances are really tight right now, and we would rather fix the Rav4 on the cheap rather than dump $3-4K into it or trade it in for a huge loss.

Any suggestions would be really helpful. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 03:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Transmission

I have a 2002 4WD RAV4 Limited. My tranny started acting up about a month ago. Seems it started right after I drove it quite a distance during a real cold spell. It shifts erratically when starting out, sometimes shifting in and out very quickly. Also, it seems to drag (sluggish) when starting out, almost like there is a brake on. Now my engine light comes on as well. It does not seem to do this continually, no pattern to it. At highway speeds all seems well. I have not taken it to a dealer yet. I flushed the tranny, put in new filter and fluid as well after it first started doing that (fluid was slightly brown). I have 121,000km on it. Hope I do not need a new tranny!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page