Originally Posted by This Old Spouse
Yesterday my husband was going to move my 2002 RAV, but when he tried to start it, all he got was a very rapid clicking, all idiot lights came on, but it wouldn't turn over. He attached a battery charger and it showed 51% charged.
As far as I know there's no aftermarket accessories that could be draining the battery (which was just replaced at the dealer in May). At least it was in the driveway and we could push it into the garage. But now what? Any ideas?
Start by getting a battery charger and an extension cord.
Do you have a friend with an electrical meter that can measure the current draw? Or better yet, do you have a friend, with an electrical meter, that can measure the current draw? Current draw would normally be under 50 milliamps (0.050 amps). Your idea of a parasitic load is a good one. If you have excess draw, pull fuses until you find the problem circuit.
Batteries can fail after 6 months. They normally have a warranty.