braking problem - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.2 Faults & Fixes Got a problem with your RAV4.2?
Share it here, and maybe even find a solution.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 09:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
braking problem

i've noticed recently that when i am braking that i feel a kind of slow pulse. it almost feels likes its engaging the abs ever so slightly.. im not sure what could be causing this or if i should be worried. i should probably mention that i had the front brake pads replaced about two months ago. any ideas?

2005 Rav4 L
Current Mods: Scion Pioneer T1808, 35W 5000K HID's, Fiamm Horns, K&N Typhoon Air Intake
Future Mods: Custom Heat Shield for Typhoon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 10:04 AM

Sounds like your brake discs are warped. If you feel it in the steering wheel and brake pedal its your front discs. This can be caused by rust on the brake surface, heat damage (maybe sticking brake caliper causing overheating) or if the wheel has been tightened too hard or uneven.

I had a similar problem after changing my brake pads, but on my car I only felt the pulsation when I drive on long trips, Turned out to be the pistons in the calipers sticking and caused overheating of the brakes. I had to change calipers, pads and discs because I drove too long with the problem.

I recommend you get it checked out and don't drive for too long with this.

2002 Toyota Rav4 2.0 VVTi Sport. Mods:K&N Air filter, TTE dual exhaust, Ironmann lift kit, 255/60-R16 General Grabber AT tires, OEM roof spoiler, tinted windows, 2005+ intermitted wiper swich, Scion Pioneer T1809 head unit, Pioneer TS-WX110A subwoofer, Magnat 6,5" front set,

1988 Acura Legend 2door 2.7 V6. Mods: Woghtland 30mm lowering springs, KYB struts, OBXracing headers, custom exhaust, 17" MB Italia alloys, K&N Air filter,

Last edited by JuneBug; 01-19-2013 at 12:19 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lid`en For This Useful Post:
Methix (01-28-2013)
#3 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 12:11 PM

Garage
(Thread Starter)
thanks lid'en.. i ended up going to monro brake/muffler and they replaced the rear brake disk because they said it was warped and they also resurfaced/straightened out the front disk which was a little warped too

2005 Rav4 L
Current Mods: Scion Pioneer T1808, 35W 5000K HID's, Fiamm Horns, K&N Typhoon Air Intake
Future Mods: Custom Heat Shield for Typhoon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page