New Owners of RAV4World! :) - Toyota RAV4 Forums
R4W Announcements Read here before posting!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
New Owners of RAV4World! :)

Message for all our RAV4World Members!!

Today marks a special day for RAV4World! As of today our RAV4World forums are owned by AutoGuide.com!

I’ve come to realize that RAV4World has reached a point of growth that I was not ready to take on all by myself. Our current software version is very outdated and tackling the update was something I’ve been putting off for months and months. Our site desperately needs to update to phpBB3 or maybe even convert to the vBulletin system. Another problem I’ve been having is that on a regular basis I’m approached by outside companies/vendors that want to advertise on our site. I’ve handled this on a very limited basis, but have found the overall process just too time consuming for me. I’ve actually been turning down advertisers, which I think in the long run is a bad thing for our members, as we may be missing out on some great “group buys”.

AutoGuide.com approached me early last week. After having some lengthy telephone conversations with their management team, I decided to sell the “hosting”, “maintenance” and “advertising” aspects of running our site to them. Because of hosting issues we were experiencing with our previous hosting company, our website has already been copied over to the AutoGuide.com servers. This should help keep our website running smoothly. Other than some new admins doing site maintenance and behind the scenes work, very little else will change. Our current moderator team (myself included) will NOT be changing. We may be looking to add some additional moderators as our site continues to grow! Of course we will see some major changes when our forum software is finally updated/upgraded, but this would have eventually happened even if I had not sold to them.

I’m hoping that by turning over the day to day maintenance issues of our site, I can get back to becoming more of a regular “posting member” of our site and free me up to work on other areas of our site that have been neglected.

Thanks for your continued support of RAV4World over the years!! I hope we enjoy many more years together!!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to let me know.

- Kelly (aka – RAVMAN)

PS – If you visit the Automobile Reviews, Videos, Pictures and Automobile Prices website… you will see that we are joining quite a LARGE FAMILY of automotive forums!

Retired from R4W CLICK HERE

Last edited by JuneBug; 06-05-2011 at 08:48 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RAVMAN For This Useful Post:
Fixers (02-26-2013), lawman5315 (08-11-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Admin

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hello!

Just introducing myself to you, My name is Phil, I’m a Community Director for AutoGuide.com. So you are all familiar AutoGuide.com manages a number of different online communities. Currently I personally manage all of our sports and some motorcycle forums, and will be joining your team on RAV4World.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that RAV4World will be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with you to as a team to help provide the resources and required to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, Your Admins and Mods work very hard to keep the walls and the roof up in this place we are just here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You guys have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this and it’s important that we maintain this level of integrity.

What am I here for?

My primary role is to be the technical contact as I said earlier you all built the foundation and keep the roof from falling, I am here keeping the lights on inside. I will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is all taken care of and keep things running smoothly from behind the scenes.

The focus as I stated earlier is continuity and support for RAV4World is not to completely change what you have built only to make it stronger and faster.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to admin2 For This Useful Post:
lawman5315 (08-11-2015), ravmyride66 (06-26-2012)
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Advanced Member

Wow, this is big news! This sounds like we might see some new changes. Thank you RAVMAN for keeping this site going for such a long time. Welcome admin2!

To The BlackMobile!!!

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Admin

There will be some changes. But the biggest ones will be to move the site to a newer more feature rich software platform. It gives you guys more tools as users and will also be more secure as well. By the way if you want you can call me Phil.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Welcome aboard Phil 8) I'm sure you'll find that we've got a GREAT bunch of RAVers on here
I'm really looking forward to the changes when our forum upgrades to the new platform

Retired from R4W CLICK HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to RAVMAN For This Useful Post:
perick (05-09-2013)
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Advanced Member

Wow cool!

Exciting times!

Steve
12 BMW X5d (on order)
11 BMW 335cic
02 Highlander Ltd V6 AWD
07 RAV4 Sport V6 4WD (SOLD!)
99 Nissan Maxima SE 5spd (Sold)
01 Honda Accord EX V6 (rip)
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Admin

I will be working very closely with the staff to sort out the schedule for upgrades. Because the site will move to a new software platform it will need to have a face lift as well. This will not be happening right away, I first want to get to know the community and the staff a little so we can hammer out what the unique needs of the community are.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin2
By the way if you want you can call me Phil.
Ok Phil, and you can call me SB if you want.

To The BlackMobile!!!
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Advanced Member

Wow!

1. Great work RAVMAN and mods thus far. And thanks.

2. Phil, welcome, but you need to get a RAV4 !
The Following User Says Thank You to RAV N US For This Useful Post:
perick (05-09-2013)
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 02:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
OK, Phil, you need to get yourself a RAV4. Thanks Kelly for so many years of dedication to keep the family together. Some have come, come have gone. Being one of the seniors here, I take pride in saying I was here since day one, so many years ago. More than ten to be exact, sort of. Thank you for so many desperate hours you went though when we went down. When we changed from yellow and black, to black and blue letters/colors. When you asked everyone to be patience, that there was a problem. Some of us knew, some of us didn’t know, I guess the price you were paying in your personal life just to keep us going. Taking time from your loved once, just to keep the forum going. Your written words showed the scars of sleepless nights. When someone else took the name "RAV4world". I know the many hour you've have dedicated to this forum. To keep a small portion of the world informed of one of the classic cars/mini SUV of all times. Like Toyota, RAV4 owners just keep on RAVin.

Once again, thank you Kelly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page