Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Joining from New Zealand

873 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  vanib 
#1 ·
Hi everybody, just joined having bought a Toy Vanguard imported from Japan.
It's bristling with airbags and while I'm installing a media center I'd like to disconnect the negative terminal BUT does this cause any problems?

Cheers

Mark

#2 ·
Should be no problem. Just disconnect the negative battery cable and wait 10 minutes for any residual voltage in the airbag system to discharge. We would love to see pictures of your Vanguard, it's got features even our Limited model lacks.

#4 ·
I've gained a lot from this forum and would like to give something back. It gave me the confidence to pull apart the dashboard and find an annoying intermittent rattle. I'd like to show the process I followed along with photos. When I looked to introduce a new post it didn't give me the option to add photos which I found invaluable when it came to this task. Can you point me to how to do this and where is best, gallery, forum or new post?

Thanks

Mark

#5 ·
To add pictures to an existing post, click on EDIT , then "GO Advanced" and click on the Attachment icon to add them.

If you think that you will be referecing the pictures in more than one post, then you could place the picture in an album under the User CP link at the top right of your page. Then copy the

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.