Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

New owner of 96 Rav4

778 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tr4 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I've been a lurker on this forum since Sept 2014. That's when I purchased the DeathStar (aka 1996 Rav4) for $200. Quite a steal!

I've had to do some general repair work on her: Replaced a pvc valve, spark plugs/wires...(I learned how to do all of that by reading posts on here, so thanks!) It's looking like I'm going to have to replace/repair some of the EGR system to get rid of that pesky P0401 error code before I can get her inspected again in October.

She leaks a bit and has some rough spots, just like any other older lady but she's got a solid core and hopefully will be around for a few more years to come. :laugh

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hopefully! I plan on doing as much of the work myself as I possibly can. I just taught myself how to change my own oil this weekend (I've always taken cars in to the shop or had my ex-husband do it) and plan to learn how to do every other routine maintenance procedure that I can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.